+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: WHY???????????

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: WHY???????????

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    This board would be empty and boring as **** if we just kept it to CCFC. It's not like we don't talk about the City. We talk about that, and when it's been completely done to death we move on to whatever Sludge has posted that morning. Sorts. Music. How beer doesn't taste good. His old dear. TLG. That sort of thing.

I also have no problem with talking about whatever game happens to be on the telly at the time. Looking forward to this afternoon. I never thought I could be remotely interested in or sympathetic towards Wolves. Funny old game. 15 years ago I would have had nothing but respect for Man City and wished them well. Not anymore.
    When I first came onto this board round about 2004, one of the great strengths of this board was the eclectic mix of posts.Football mixed with music politics appeals for help with PC's, decorating, DIY etc etc.

And it worked. But then posters (presumably newer ones at the time)started to complain about the non footbal posts.

This eventually culminated in the separate politics board and there was a time when I thought that there would be other separate boards and this would just be for football.

This never happened but we are still stuck rather pointlessly with a separate politics board but every other subject under the sun on this one!!

Mike knows my feelings on this but my occasional grumble about the pointlessness and stupidity of this fall on deaf ears.

Re: WHY???????????

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    When I first came onto this board round about 2004, one of the great strengths of this board was the eclectic mix of posts.Football mixed with music politics appeals for help with PC's, decorating, DIY etc etc.

And it worked. But then posters (presumably newer ones at the time)started to complain about the non footbal posts.

This eventually culminated in the separate politics board and there was a time when I thought that there would be other separate boards and this would just be for football.

This never happened but we are still stuck rather pointlessly with a separate politics board but every other subject under the sun on this one!!

Mike knows my feelings on this but my occasional grumble about the pointlessness and stupidity of this fall on deaf ears.
    at the time all the politics boards descended to the same arguments.

now it seems to be a haven for weird conspiracy theories half the time