+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Transfers, are we expecting any new additions?

Transfers, are we expecting any new additions?

Do people expect us to bring in more player before this window closes, anybody heard any rumors. Or is that our lot?

thanks

Re: Transfers, are we expecting any new additions?

I doubt it

We desperately need a creative midfielder. There's go to be someone out there we can loan.

i think we need 2 as a minimum, a right back and a number 10, ideally a Winger as well but i doubt that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I doubt it
    Morrison said he was absolutely sure that we'd bring some new faces in. Harris said similarly too.

I think we’ll sign Sanderson on a permanent deal.

Has there been any confirmation that Murphy was injured on Saturday? It might be relevant as far as any new signings are concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Has there been any confirmation that Murphy was injured on Saturday? It might be relevant as far as any new signings are concerned.
    Also that Flint is behind Bamba in the pecking order

Yes - Camron McWilliams and Roland Idowu!
    https://twitter.com/CF11Academy/stat...018524160?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Also that Flint is behind Bamba in the pecking order
    Probably after Flint played in the swansea thrashing

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    Yes - Camron McWilliams and Roland Idowu!
    https://twitter.com/CF11Academy/stat...018524160?s=19
    one released by Northampton and the other by Southampton

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Morrison said he was absolutely sure that we'd bring some new faces in. Harris said similarly too.
    Lets hope so.

International

There seems to be more activity for the U23s than there is for the first team squad.

Harris said he was missing with a minor hamstring problem. No reason to doubt that.

I expect 2 more signings and 1 member of the first team squad to leave. Flint looks the most likely now he has dropped down below Sol and off the match day radar. A RB and No10 to come in - probably Sanderson and a Top 6 u23 being cut loose. If not Sanderson we could see Lee Peltier back on a short term deal!

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Harris said he was missing with a minor hamstring problem. No reason to doubt that.

I expect 2 more signings and 1 member of the first team squad to leave. Flint looks the most likely now he has dropped down below Sol and off the match day radar. A RB and No10 to come in - probably Sanderson and a Top 6 u23 being cut loose. If not Sanderson we could see Lee Peltier back on a short term deal!
    I accidentally watched WBA v Harrogate and noticed Pelts giving a nice, steady performance. After Tutu's early showings I began to wonder why Harris had let Pelts go with no apparent LR succession plan.

We need a new midfielder but I'm not sure it has to be a 10. Personally I'd like to see someone deeper who can run a game. We have too many "dogs" in midfield and no finesse.

Probably heresy to some but I'd like a new LB too.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

Fair enough, I think we'd have to take a big loss on Murphy, and Flint, if we were able to sell them - I'd say it's more likely that any departure from our first team squad would be on loan.

You mention Peltier, there's also Gunter and Keiron Freeman, who made more than twenty league appearances for Sheffield United in their promotion season, out there without a club currently.

Fair enough, I think we'd have to take a big loss on Murphy, and Flint, if we were able to sell them - I'd say it's more likely that any departure from our first team squad would be on loan.

You mention Peltier, there's also Gunter and Keiron Freeman, who made more than twenty league appearances for Sheffield United in their promotion season, out there without a club currently.
    Kieron Freeman, the Welsh one-cap wonder!

Nathaniel Clyne who we were once linked with is available on a free - but did his cruciate ligament in 2019 and would have been on high wages

or perhaps Ricardo van Rhijn, a former Ajax and Holland right back, who has just been released by Heerenveen, but whom I know very little about other than he's played in a few champions League and Europa League games