Ampadu's just come on.

Re: Where's Gluey?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Ampadu's just come on.
    Too late

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Ampadu's just come on.
    He's only been on a minute and ten man Sheffield United have a penalty (I think).

good save

Highest rated Sheffield United player, not bad for a first run-out in the Premier League.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Highest rated Sheffield United player, not bad for a first run-out in the Premier League.

[FONT="] [/FONT]
    You don't believe the BBC, do you

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    You don't believe the BBC, do you
    Most of their fans want him to start against Leeds. He's got a great opportunity to impress the manager if he wants it, and it's come much sooner than expected. Good luck to the lad, he needed a lucky break at some point

Most of their fans want him to start against Leeds. He's got a great opportunity to impress the manager if he wants it, and it's come much sooner than expected. Good luck to the lad, he needed a lucky break at some point
    He should start, the other bloke will receive a three match ban.

Heisenberg

Yep, he could play in the middle of a back three, which is his preferred position. A few games in the Premier League, and then a game against England Jagielka is Egan's understudy though.

Yep, he could play in the middle of a back three, which is his preferred position. A few games in the Premier League, and then a game against England
    I prefer him as the spare man in a back 3, in a Libero role.

I prefer him as the spare man in a back 3, in a Libero role.
    Me too, and that's the position where he will make his name on the big stage, but currently his versatility does make him an automatic choice for the bench.

Check out this move started by Brooks, rumours are he's of the Man U?

Encouraging news..

Bamford peels off him to score the winner. Lost concentration at the end of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Bamford peels off him to score the winner. Lost concentration at the end of the game.
    I don't think the sweeper is supposed to go beyond the far post when the left centre half and full back are already there, and there is another Leeds player coming into the box from a central position. A bit shabby, but there were two new players in the back 3, and it takes time to develop an understanding.

I don't think the sweeper is supposed to go beyond the far post when the left centre half and full back are already there, and there is another Leeds player coming into the box from a central position. A bit shabby, but there were two new players in the back 3, and it takes time to develop an understanding.
    Ampadu was part of the problem, not exclusively his fault though in my opinion. He passes Bamford on to one of the two defenders who were more central and he covers the near post, nothing wrong with that. He did go for a ball that was none of his business seconds before that and there was zero communication between defenders, also, have a look at Ampadu and the other two defenders, completely ball watching, not one of them had any awareness of players around them and Bamford just ghosted between those two defenders. Shocking stuff.

Ampadu was covering the far post, the fullback had tucked in to compensate-standard shit, the ball watching wasn't though.

Ampadu was part of the problem, not exclusively his fault though in my opinion. He passes Bamford on to one of the two defenders who were more central and he covers the near post, nothing wrong with that. He did go for a ball that was none of his business seconds before that and there was zero communication between defenders, also, have a look at Ampadu and the other two defenders, completely ball watching, not one of them had any awareness of players around them and Bamford just ghosted between those two defenders. Shocking stuff.
    Bamford moved into Robinson's zone, and there was another Leeds player coming into the box, so it's all down to what instructions the manager gave the players.

Bamford moved into Robinson's zone, and there was another Leeds player coming into the box, so it's all down to what instructions the manager gave the players.
    No it isn't, 90th minute and looking like a decent enough point, **** what the manager has said. At that point in a game you do anything to stop a goal. Just shit defending all round, i would blame the other two more than Ampadu.

Ampadu was covering the far post, the fullback had tucked in to compensate-standard shit, the ball watching wasn't though.
    Like I said it's all down to what instructions the manager gave the players. Bamford was beyond Robinson before the ball was crossed. If Ampadu was tasked to stay between the other two centre backs, he'd be going against his manager. You can clearly see another Leeds player coming into the box, so who was going to deal with him if Ampadu was at the far post with the other two Sheffield defenders?

Like I said it's all down to what instructions the manager gave the players. Bamford was beyond Robinson before the ball was crossed. If Ampadu was tasked to stay between the other two centre backs, he'd be going against his manager. You can clearly see another Leeds player coming into the box, so who was going to deal with him if Ampadu was at the far post with the other two Sheffield defenders?
    [FONT="] [/FONT]
    I'm not saying that Ampadu should have stayed central, the position he took was correct in my opinion. The header by Bamford should've been dealt with by the defenders in the box, great cross and run, but they weren't aware of it. No way would Ampadu take up a central position in that situation. If there's a leeds midfield player making alate run then that's the job of a midfielder to track. I don't think Ampadu did to much wrong, maybe he should've communicated better. Leeds pushed men on, brave of them, that was basic poor defending.

I'm not saying that Ampadu should have stayed central, the position he took was correct in my opinion. The header by Bamford should've been dealt with by the defenders in the box, great cross and run, but they weren't aware of it. No way would Ampadu take up a central position in that situation. If there's a leeds midfield player making alate run then that's the job of a midfielder to track. I don't think Ampadu did to much wrong, maybe he should've communicated better. Leeds pushed men on, brave of them, that was basic poor defending.
    Rodrigo was playing as a second striker and he wasn't running in from a midfield position. He was actually part of the attacking move and Ampadu had already closed him down once, so I think that's who he was marking. Anyway, this is a job for the SUFC post-match analysis team, and it will be sorted out on the training pitch. I heard Jack O'Connell may be out for the season, so it could be an opportunity for one of the centre backs..

BTW What do you think of the run by Brooks in the video above? He looks back to his best to me, and he's not involved today against Norwich, so he's either injured or on the move.

Rodrigo was playing as a second striker and he wasn't running in from a midfield position. He was actually part of the attacking move and Ampadu had already closed him down once, so I think that's who he was marking. Anyway, this is a job for the SUFC post-match analysis team, and it will be sorted out on the training pitch. I heard Jack O'Connell may be out for the season, so it could be an opportunity for one of the centre backs..

BTW What do you think of the run by Brooks in the video above? He looks back to his best to me, and he's not involved today against Norwich, so he's either injured or on the move.
    Slalom, like ski Sunday that was. Great balance and composure and he had his head up the whole time, didn't need to look at the ball.

Slalom, like ski Sunday that was. Great balance and composure and he had his head up the whole time, didn't need to look at the ball.
    He went off-piste too, setting off across field and taking out 5 Man City players, before making a tight 90° turn towards goal which was finished off with a perfectly weighted pass. Somebody will buy him if his ankle is 100% ok, he's too good for the Championship.