+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where's Gluey?

Re: Where's Gluey?

Ampadu marking the invisible man at the near post totally unaware Bamford had peeled off him. If he was meant to be marking Rodrigo he had a funny way of showing it as he was running away from him!!!

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Ampadu marking the invisible man at the near post totally unaware Bamford had peeled off him. If he was meant to be marking Rodrigo he had a funny way of showing it as he was running away from him!!!
    Bamford had already peeled off before the cross came in, so you are saying three defenders were needed to mark one player at the far post, when two were already there?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Bamford had already peeled off before the cross came in, so you are saying three defenders were needed to mark one player at the far post, when two were already there?
    Between the three of them, more so Ampadu and the middle centre half, they got themselves into a right mess. You are trying to say Ampadu takes up his position because of the later runner into the box, absolute nonsense, he is running away from the runner into the box and he runs to the near post because he thinks thats where Bamford is going. If the cross is played to the runner into box he has a free header because Ampadu is in no mans land.

A few moments before Leeds could have scored on the break because Ampadu had gone forward for a set piece and was caught ball watching at the breakdown.

Face facts, your boy isnt living up to his early potential. A big season for him, hopefully, for Wales sake at leasr, today was just a bit of rustiness and him getting used to new team mates as he had abit of a run around, 1st half especially. He will need to shape up a bit if he wants to become a top, top player.

Between the three of them, more so Ampadu and the middle centre half, they got themselves into a right mess. You are trying to say Ampadu takes up his position because of the later runner into the box, absolute nonsense, he is running away from the runner into the box and he runs to the near post because he thinks thats where Bamford is going. If the cross is played to the runner into box he has a free header because Ampadu is in no mans land.

A few moments before Leeds could have scored on the break because Ampadu had gone forward for a set piece and was caught ball watching at the breakdown.

Face facts, your boy isnt living up to his early potential. A big season for him, hopefully, for Wales sake at leasr, today was just a bit of rustiness and him getting used to new team mates as he had abit of a run around, 1st half especially. He will need to shape up a bit if he wants to become a top, top player.
    Ampadu was ball watching, he does that quite a lot, and he goes for balls that he has no business going for, that said, i don't think that his position was a bad one, he passed Bamford onto two defenders in the middle and took up a position on the near post. Unless he was told to follow Bamford like a lost puppy, then the only thing i'd accuse him of is a lack of communication and awareness. I'd agree with you in saying that he has a lot to learn, he's a bit all over the place at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Ampadu was ball watching, he does that quite a lot, and he goes for balls that he has no business going for, that said, i don't think that his position was a bad one, he passed Bamford onto two defenders in the middle and took up a position on the near post. Unless he was told to follow Bamford like a lost puppy, then the only thing i'd accuse him of is a lack of communication and awareness. I'd agree with you in saying that he has a lot to learn, he's a bit all over the place at times.
    I honestly dont think he passed him on, I think he was ball watching and hasnt even realised Bamford has given him the slip.

One thing he certainly did not do is purposely take up that position because of the runner into the box. That is WB clutching at straws.

I honestly dont think he passed him on, I think he was ball watching and hasnt even realised Bamford has given him the slip.

One thing he certainly did not do is purposely take up that position because of the runner into the box. That is WB clutching at straws.
    Ok, fair shout. No way was Ampadu marking the near post area in order to anticipate a runner

Look where the players are when the ball goes into the net. Rodrigo is on the edge of the 6 yard box waiting for a cutback, rebound, or a spill from the goalkeeper, and that is a textbook position for the striker. Ampadu is between Rodrigo and the goal, which is exactly where he should be in case the ball finds it's way to Rodrigo.

Nah, he's in the position he is just in case the cross is short, not to pick up the runner, who doesn't really bust a gut to get there. He isn't even aware of the runner. That said, i still don't think that it's a bad position, if he isn't in that hole then there's a shitload of space to exploit. I hear what Hartley is saying, and i agree, what don't agree on is that Ampadu is in a poor position. I don't think that you have to make excuses for him on this one.

Nah, he's in the position he is just in case the cross is short, not to pick up the runner, who doesn't really bust a gut to get there. He isn't even aware of the runner. That said, i still don't think that it's a bad position, if he isn't in that hole then there's a shitload of space to exploit. I hear what Hartley is saying, and i agree, what don't agree on is that Ampadu is in a poor position. I don't think that you have to make excuses for him on this one.
    If you watch the video carefully, Ampadu has already looked and he knows Bamford is going away from goal, and he can see Robinson is tracking him, so defending the goal is a considered position since the goalkeeper is also being dragged wide, and Rodrigo is lurking in a central area.

One last observation, Ampadu is also in that position to clear the ball if the delivery doesn't have sufficient height to reach Bamford on the back post.

One last observation, Ampadu is also in that position to clear the ball if the delivery doesn't have sufficient height to reach Bamford on the back post.
    I've said that one million times.......

LOL the ball is in the back of the net at that point and he’s still scrambling. Give us the frame at the point of the cross. He’s miles away from the runner and certainly in no position to deal with him.

I've said that one million times.......
    Yep, he stops the cross, and he stops Rodrigo shooting into an empty net, the only thing he doesn't stop is the goal if the ball reaches Bamford and Robinson fails to challenge him, and the keeper fails to save it. This is how people like Nagelsmann operate, they minimize the odds of different scenarios happening, but once an individual error has occured it all goes out the window.

Before the ball is even played out to the crosser the defence is out of position and at sixes and sevens.

Yep, he stops the cross, and he stops Rodrigo shooting into an empty net, the only thing he doesn't stop is the goal if the ball reaches Bamford and Robinson fails to challenge him, and the keeper fails to save it. This is how people like Nagelsmann operate, they minimize the odds of different scenarios happening, but once an individual error has occured it all goes out the window.
    Utter drivel. He’s 10 yards away from Rodrigo at the point if the cross. He’s still 5 yards away from him when the ball hits the net!!

LOL the ball is in the back of the net at that point and he’s still scrambling. Give us the frame at the point of the cross. He’s miles away from the runner and certainly in no position to deal with him.
    Your idea that Ampadu tracks Bamford to the back post, and gifts an empty penalty area, and an empty net to Rodrigo is ludicrous, so I think we should end the discussion here

Utter drivel. He’s 10 yards away from Rodrigo at the point if the cross. He’s still 5 yards away from him when the ball hits the net!!
    He was in the right place to intercept a bad cross, and 5 yards is nothing as the ball would still have to be passed from Bamford to Rodrigo.

Your idea that Ampadu tracks Bamford to the back post, and gifts an empty penalty area, and an empty net to Rodrigo is ludicrous, so I think we should end the discussion here
    If he wasn’t the wrong side of Bamford to begin with, because he was ball watching when the ball was played out wide, then he could have stopped Bamford peeling off him so easily.

He was in the right place to intercept a bad cross, and 5 yards is nothing as the ball would still have to be player by Bamford to Rodrigo.
    5 yards at point ball hits the net which is further away than Bamford to Rodrigo LOL

Direct to Rodrigo and he’s 10 yards away.

If he wasn’t the wrong side of Bamford to begin with, because he was ball watching when the ball was played out wide, then he could have stopped Bamford peeling off him so easily.
    Ampadu was in his assigned zone, and he had already challenged Rodrigo once before the ball was played out wide. You are too focused on Bamford, try to think like Julian Nagelsmann

Ampadu was in his assigned zone, and he had already challenged Rodrigo once before the ball was played out wide. You are too focused on Bamford, try to think like Julian Nagelsmann
    When did he take over Chris Wilder at Sheff u?

When did he take over Chris Wilder at Sheff u?
    Every player is the sum of their coaching. If Robinson had successfully challenged Bamford, we wouldn't even be discussing this.

Every player is the sum of their coaching. If Robinson had successfully challenged Bamford, we wouldn't even be discussing this.
    He couldn’t have coached Ampadu very much. Certainly didn’t trust him on match day.

I have a hunch on Sheffield United going down. Since the return from lockdown their record reads 3 wins, 2 draws, 10 defeats including 7 on the trot over the two seasons.