+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where's Gluey?

Re: Where's Gluey?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I have a hunch on Sheffield United going down. Since the return from lockdown their record reads 3 wins, 2 draws, 10 defeats including 7 on the trot over the two seasons.
    2nd season syndrome. Wilder also showing a bit of pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He couldn’t have coached Ampadu very much. Certainly didn’t trust him on match day.
    Goodnight, we should have a game of walking football sometime

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I have a hunch on Sheffield United going down. Since the return from lockdown their record reads 3 wins, 2 draws, 10 defeats including 7 on the trot over the two seasons.
    They need a new striker or two. Their approach play is decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    They need a new striker or two. Their approach play is decent.
    They've also been conceding more goals than they did pre-lockdown

Just watching MOTD. He didn’t cover himself in glory in the build up either.

Highlighting Ampadu losing Bamford on other occasions on MOTD

Wales bales will be on to explain why losing bamford was actually the right thing to do, and really good play in a minute or two

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Wales bales will be on to explain why losing bamford was actually the right thing to do, and really good play in a minute or two
    A young Welsh player who has only just turned 20, makes his Premier League debut where he is asked to play a new role for an injury hit back 3, with very little preparation, and you can only see the negatives?

A young Welsh player who has only just turned 20, makes his Premier League debut where he is asked to play a new role for an injury hit back 3, with very little preparation, and you can only see the negatives?
    No, of course I can't only see the negatives. I still have high hopes for him. Sheffield United place a lot of importance on their particular defensive system, any I'm sure it'd take a while for him to get up to speed with it. I'm sure they didn't plan on having him in the team just yet, but needs must.

Somehow when people on here excessively praise and defend players (usually young cardiff or welsh ones) it seems to have the opposite effect.

In your posting style especially you have your opinion (which is presented as fact) and any contrary opinion is dismissed, even when there is some merit in it. I think you'll find you're a lot more effective at winning people around if you acknowledge other's points of view (if indeed you are capable of that).

I doubt there's anyone on here who doesn't think Ampadu will go on to be a decent premier league player, or isn't rooting for him in some way.

Oh so you want to judge him as a young, inexperienced 20 year old now?

You often refer to him as the Welsh Beckenbauer so I thought you were setting the bar of judgement a little higher than some average 20 year old kid trying to break through. Beckenbauer was captaining Bayern to the league title at 22 so I look forward to Ampadu going back l to Chelsea and leading them to the title in the next couple of years.

Somehow when people on here excessively praise and defend players (usually young cardiff or welsh ones) it seems to have the opposite effect.
    Seems to have the opposite effect? He's already received 15 Welsh international caps by the age of 19!

Oh so you want to judge him as a young, inexperienced 20 year old now?
    It was a factual statement, I wasn't passing any judgement.

Seems to have the opposite effect? He's already received 15 Welsh international caps by the age of 19!
    as in seems to make people on here have a less positive opinion on them if there's one person going a bit overboard with praise.

as in seems to make people on here have a less positive opinion on them if there's one person going a bit overboard with praise.
    I think you are overbored, and you should stick to your ranting about players under 29 being unable to play in the central defensive positions.

I think you are overbored, and you should stick to your ranting about players under 29 being unable to play in the central defensive positions.
    just trying to give you a few pointers in how to improve your horribly lacking skills of debate. if you're going to permanently clog up this board with your nonsense you may as well get a bit better at it.

making up an opinion that I've never had and attributing it to me isn't an improvement either.

just trying to give you a few pointers in how to improve your horribly lacking skills of debate. if you're going to permanently clog up this board with your nonsense you may as well get a bit better at it.
    If anybody is going overboard with praise, it's the Welsh FA for giving him 15 caps!

The coaches in Sheffield need to have a word with young Ampadu, he thinks he's Georgie Best!

Make sure you put your dirty tissues in the bin or flush them down the toilet. For your mums sake at least.

Make sure you put your dirty tissues in the bin or flush them down the toilet. For your mums sake at least.
    Come on mate, I only posted it so that people can see how bad he is. You should be happy