Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
I'm not saying that Ampadu should have stayed central, the position he took was correct in my opinion. The header by Bamford should've been dealt with by the defenders in the box, great cross and run, but they weren't aware of it. No way would Ampadu take up a central position in that situation. If there's a leeds midfield player making alate run then that's the job of a midfielder to track. I don't think Ampadu did to much wrong, maybe he should've communicated better. Leeds pushed men on, brave of them, that was basic poor defending.
Rodrigo was playing as a second striker and he wasn't running in from a midfield position. He was actually part of the attacking move and Ampadu had already closed him down once, so I think that's who he was marking. Anyway, this is a job for the SUFC post-match analysis team, and it will be sorted out on the training pitch. I heard Jack O'Connell may be out for the season, so it could be an opportunity for one of the centre backs..

BTW What do you think of the run by Brooks in the video above? He looks back to his best to me, and he's not involved today against Norwich, so he's either injured or on the move.