+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: COVID - Something has to change

Re: COVID - Something has to change

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    As you do not know me or anything about me you can not have any notion of the level of my self awareness.

But like some others on here you do like to slip in these comments to make yourself look clever. But always remember, I don't give a toss about you or what you think,
    No one on here gives a toss about what anybody else on here thinks xsnaggle, it's an internet messageboard not real life, you're not special or aloof for feeling like that although you mention it more than most.

And yes I can tell incredibly clearly about your lack of self awareness because you said you weren't opinionated, which, in a crowded field, is one of your most ridiculous statements ever.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I wouldn't and I assume most under 55 would be the same
    I think you assume wrong.

I think it is die-hard labour supporters, momentum probably, who are going out intent on catching the disease and then deliberately not self isolating and deliberately not self quarantining just to make the Government's strategy seem wrong.

You have to admire their loyalty, so selflessly risking themselves for the cause!
    Although the above post is a wind up several on here are following the advice of the shadow Education Secretary by not letting a good crisis get in the way of politics. Strange isn't it there has been no mention of that on here previously or indeed those who were saying the pandemic was better managed in Wales when it seems clear it is now far worse since 50% of Wales is now in lockdown. I don't think that is necessarily relevant but that is the comparison people have made.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Although the above post is a wind up several on here are following the advice of the shadow Education Secretary by not letting a good crisis get in the way of politics. Strange isn't it there has been no mention of that on here previously or indeed those who were saying the pandemic was better managed in Wales when it seems clear it is now far worse since 50% of Wales is now in lockdown. I don't think that is necessarily relevant but that is the comparison people have made.
    I thought he was being serious.😂

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The thoughts of a Havard professor of the evolution and epidemiology of infectious disease. There's no way I would consider myself as knowing more about the virus than him;-

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...st-trace-virus
    You know what Mikey Gove said Bob, "who needs experts?". I'm sure a lot of our Brexity/Tory friends on here will surely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    No one on here gives a toss about what anybody else on here thinks xsnaggle, it's an internet messageboard not real life, you're not special or aloof for feeling like that although you mention it more than most.

And yes I can tell incredibly clearly about your lack of self awareness because you said you weren't opinionated, which, in a crowded field, is one of your most ridiculous statements ever.
    Could be that in his wider life he is not opinionated just that most of the opinions he does have he posts on here. Just saying!

We doNt need to be in lockdown though, it’s BS. It’s pointless. All it does is stop sharron from ponty coming shopping to cardiff for the day or Sheila from treeharris. Anyone working back and fore accros the county line is still doing it anyway. Can’t see what difference staying within the county makes? 38 people per 100k.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    We doNt need to be in lockdown though, it’s BS. It’s pointless. All it does is stop sharron from ponty coming shopping to cardiff for the day or Sheila from treeharris. Anyone working back and fore accros the county line is still doing it anyway. Can’t see what difference staying within the county makes? 38 people per 100k.
    Perhaps there should be more criticism of your political masters in Cardiff Bay for the decisions they have made. At the moment the criticisms seem very one sided.

Perhaps there should be more criticism of your political masters in Cardiff Bay for the decisions they have made. At the moment the criticisms seem very one sided.
    Even the most “normal” stick by the rules types are now starting to wonder wtf is going on.
    Apparently 70% of tests were positive back in April, now it’s 4% despite far more testing....make of that what you will.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    No government could find a course through Covid that kept everyone happy if that's what you mean by 'can't win', but this government and Prime Minister has been an international outlier in its' ineptitude and incoherence.

The 'jumping from one tack to another' was not part of a calculated balancing act between health and economic concerns - but the result of confusion, lack of leadership and strategy, and making up policy off the cuff on a daily basis. The contradictory and confusing messages to the public - on some days we had three or more Cabinet ministers saying totally different things - together with symbolic disasters like the Cummings road trip - were totally avoidable.

Any conceivable alternative government (Labour or even one led by Theresa May) would have had a very hard job on their hands, but they would be unlikely to cock it up as badly at this lot!
    This is where I am at with it. I dislike BoJo enormously, I think he is a dangerous moron. But at the start of this I did think he was being put in an impossible position and you have to accept that the response would be something of a gamble. There would be mistakes, same as everywhere else. I also liked the fact that he so visibly deferred to grown-ups and scientists early on. So I do think you can excuse even quite abrupt changes in high level approach e.g. binning herd immunity.

Realistically his job was not to determine policy, which sounds odd but really it is appropriate. His job was to manage the clear and unambiguous communication and implementation of that policy and competently put the infrastructure in place to execute it.

And this is where he has failed on a monumental scale. Even with the circumstances he finds himself working in, he's performed to an unacceptable level. His performance has been truly negligent, to the point where I do hope it is tested in the courts once we do get a vaccine and are in recovery. Charging about shaking hands in hospitals, failure to recognise the importance of this and then getting the virus itself is the behaviour of a drunken chucklebrother, not a leader. His defense of Cummings fatally crippled any spirit of togetherness and I am sure contributed in a material way to non-observance of guidelines in place. We then have the absolute farce of track and trace. But the other biggie is the patchwork of rules and guidelines. I think you have to expect that there will be oddities and it is always going to be easy to poke holes in any broad brush approaches, and that is OK as far as I'm concerned. It does look odd that kids can go to school in classes of 30 but can't play outside in groups of 7, but you can see what both rules are getting at so you have to let it go really - I am sure most countries have these anomalies. But the general messaging has been an absolute shambles from the very beginning of this, when government clearly hadn't made up their minds on really fundamental things like what happens to the construction industry. Their inability to use the time bought by the first "lockdown" (if that is what we will pretend it was) to implement track n trace and sort out the messaging/rulebook is simply negligent.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Could be that in his wider life he is not opinionated just that most of the opinions he does have he posts on here. Just saying!
    Could be true, like he purges himself of opinions on here

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    This is where I am at with it. I dislike BoJo enormously, I think he is a dangerous moron. But at the start of this I did think he was being put in an impossible position and you have to accept that the response would be something of a gamble. There would be mistakes, same as everywhere else. I also liked the fact that he so visibly deferred to grown-ups and scientists early on. So I do think you can excuse even quite abrupt changes in high level approach e.g. binning herd immunity.

Realistically his job was not to determine policy, which sounds odd but really it is appropriate. His job was to manage the clear and unambiguous communication and implementation of that policy and competently put the infrastructure in place to execute it.

And this is where he has failed on a monumental scale. Even with the circumstances he finds himself working in, he's performed to an unacceptable level. His performance has been truly negligent, to the point where I do hope it is tested in the courts once we do get a vaccine and are in recovery. Charging about shaking hands in hospitals, failure to recognise the importance of this and then getting the virus itself is the behaviour of a drunken chucklebrother, not a leader. His defense of Cummings fatally crippled any spirit of togetherness and I am sure contributed in a material way to non-observance of guidelines in place. We then have the absolute farce of track and trace. But the other biggie is the patchwork of rules and guidelines. I think you have to expect that there will be oddities and it is always going to be easy to poke holes in any broad brush approaches, and that is OK as far as I'm concerned. It does look odd that kids can go to school in classes of 30 but can't play outside in groups of 7, but you can see what both rules are getting at so you have to let it go really - I am sure most countries have these anomalies. But the general messaging has been an absolute shambles from the very beginning of this, when government clearly hadn't made up their minds on really fundamental things like what happens to the construction industry. Their inability to use the time bought by the first "lockdown" (if that is what we will pretend it was) to implement track n trace and sort out the messaging/rulebook is simply negligent.
    I think you've been pretty fair there - good post .

International

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post

I fully agree with your first statement 100% but I fear others might take themselves too seirously, but you're wrong about the second, and Cyril is much closer to the truth.
    I've lived long enough and seen enough stupidity to realise that most of what goes on is total bullshit and I and people like me are totally irrelevant, except perhaps in this particular country at General elections. But even that cannot be said for a lot of them
    I don't really care about much any more, except myself and keeping my family safe, and that is proving harder than most for purely personal reasons. So much of what I believed in over the years just turned to shit anyway. It alwasy does.

I fully agree with your first statement 100% but I fear others might take themselves too seirously, but you're wrong about the second, and Cyril is much closer to the truth.
    I've lived long enough and seen enough stupidity to realise that most of what goes on is total bullshit and I and people like me are totally irrelevant, except perhaps in this particular country at General elections. But even that cannot be said for a lot of them
    I don't really care about much any more, except myself and keeping my family safe, and that is proving harder than most for purely personal reasons. So much of what I believed in over the years just turned to shit anyway. It alwasy does.
    Fair enough mate