+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: COVID - Something has to change

Re: COVID - Something has to change

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Think they are just saying 6 months as that’s winter over at least, even though the last lockdown started at the end of last winter.....
    Maybe there will be a vaccine? Didn’t Vallance say the other day there was a small chance it could be ready for those who need it most by Christmas? Now, that would be the sort of news that if true most people would just toe the line up until then, knowing things will be normal again post Christmas. I’d be happy to sit in for 3 months if it was nailed on this would end once and for all.
    The arrival of the vaccine will be the beginning of the end, but it will still take a painfully long time before we can say it's ended once and for all.

Strange that Sydney didn’t get so affected as Melbourne? I really liked living in Melbourne, it’s a great city with amazing coastline down the great ocean rd (hitching down there as a carefree kid back in 1990 was one of the best times of my life). At least you have summer to come now so hopefully things will be much better as it seems you’ve had it tough there for the last 6 months.
    It's the same everywhere with some UK towns and cities getting it worse than others. You have summer to come; our summer is over. Things haven't really been that tough for us as the restrictions were largely lifted during our summer months and many of those unable to work were getting 80% of their salaries paid by the government. Of course there were also people, like the self employed, unable to work that haven't had much help but even all political parties seem to accept that public finances cannot be used to help everyone.

How can you police that? Quite a few of my student tenants are either from abroad, lived in Wales anyway or just stayed here through it all anyway.....
    Exactly, its completely unenforceable and shows the levels of disconnect between this government and the people.

Firstly of course students are adults, not children, unis don't "send them home" like its a school. Secondly many live in private accommodation with nothing to do with the uni and finally most uni accommodation is only available in term time (closed during holidays) which would give them nowhere to live. Also, good luck stopping the army of mothers who'll cross the country to bring their kids back (whether the kids want to go back or not!)

They clearly haven't thought it through at all

International

They could havearmed patrols with machine gun nests on all the roads leading out of towns with University accommodation.
    Then they could stop the cars, drag the students out and lock them up, and if the driving mother argues they can use the machine guns.

I think I need to start taking this thread more seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    They could havearmed patrols with machine gun nests on all the roads leading out of towns with University accommodation.
    Then they could stop the cars, drag the students out and lock them up, and if the driving mother argues they can use the machine guns.

I think I need to start taking this thread more seriously.
    You're right! Didn't Johnson talk about using the services of the Army the other day?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    You're right! Didn't Johnson talk about using the services of the Army the other day?
    he did. he said in the nicest possible away, as Boris does that he may call in the army to back up the police if they are overstretched. I took that as a shot across the bow. Basically we start playing ball or the gov are going to declare martial law!!

(to be honest it wouldn't hurt to do that in some places!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    he did. he said in the nicest possible away, as Boris does that he may call in the army to back up the police if they are overstretched. I took that as a shot across the bow. Basically we start playing ball or the gov are going to declare martial law!!

Fair point. It might have prevented trips to Doncaster races with gun toting squaddies stationed outside clubs. I wonder if it would have curtailed little jaunts to Durham though?

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post

We could do with some civil unrest I reckon, shake things up a bit
    When was the last good riot here? Poll tax? Don’t know if we still have the youth for it, we not French are we.....

We could do with some civil unrest I reckon, shake things up a bit
    When was the last good riot here? Poll tax? Don’t know if we still have the youth for it, we not French are we.....
    2011 in London wasn't bad

There was some fighting in London over the summer with the statue shaggers

Some big job losses coming. A good few people who voted for a party that have just paid lip service, to the idea of a social security safety net, will now be relying on it. Oh dear.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Some big job losses coming. A good few people who voted for a party that have just paid lip service, to the idea of a social security safety net, will now be relying on it. Oh dear.
    This could be the catalyst for the social unrest goats wants

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Do I need to buy a stone island white jacket first or am I good to go in my vans and cargo shorts? I wouldn’t say I’m 100% behind the idea but I’m also not part of the bendover and take it allday long from boris and chums

Do I need to buy a stone island white jacket first or am I good to go in my vans and cargo shorts? I wouldn’t say I’m 100% behind the idea but I’m also not part of the bendover and take it allday long from boris and chums
    you a vans and cargo shorts guy aswell i like your style

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I blame the nanny state.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    you a vans and cargo shorts guy aswell i like your style
    Only about 10 months of the year.....I’ve got some of those long jeans things somewhere in my house, I’ll have to start the search now so I’ve got them by November

Burberry scarf please, keep it classy

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    The arrival of the vaccine will be the beginning of the end, but it will still take a painfully long time before we can say it's ended once and for all.
    Why is the arrival of a vaccine the beginning of the end Lardy?

Only about 10 months of the year.....I’ve got some of those long jeans things somewhere in my house, I’ll have to start the search now so I’ve got them by November
    funny enough, my wife was discussing it this evening ( as its gone cold today ) my pattern is shorts till we get back from Disney ( which has traditionally been 2nd or 3rd of Nov ) the jeans / joggers ( now training pants as im sporty with my football coaching LOL ) till Easter

"Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. but it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning". Winston Churchill 1942.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    funny enough, my wife was discussing it this evening ( as its gone cold today ) my pattern is shorts till we get back from Disney ( which has traditionally been 2nd or 3rd of Nov ) the jeans / joggers ( now training pants as im sporty with my football coaching LOL ) till Easter
    My eyes just got heavy......

One thing struck me as odd earlier. I have friends on social media who are all for an immediate return to normality to avoid any more harm being done to the economy. That's a fair enough angle. However, many of them are hardened Brexit supporters who have said they couldn't give a shit what damage Brexit does to the economy as long as we're out.

Weird times.

15 epidemiologists next door told me.

The arrival of a vaccine won't be click your fingers and we're back to normal, as much as we all want it to be. It's still going to take time.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    15 epidemiologists next door told me.

The arrival of a vaccine won't be click your fingers and we're back to normal, as much as we all want it to be. It's still going to take time.
    15 next door that’s almost unbelievable.....

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    One thing struck me as odd earlier. I have friends on social media who are all for an immediate return to normality to avoid any more harm being done to the economy. That's a fair enough angle. However, many of them are hardened Brexit supporters who have said they couldn't give a shit what damage Brexit does to the economy as long as we're out.

Weird times.
    Welcome to the free world, where the insane and confused are in control!!
    I’ve pretty much stopped using my social media after the tripe people have been posting over the past few months. Never knew so many racist, snowflake health experts existed out there!

At the end of the day we live in a selfish horrible world/society 😔 that unless something effects someone directly most people don't give a shite anymore.
    I'm OK Jack mentality