+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Women's bloody football BBC site

Women's bloody football BBC site

It's bad enough having the Jock Prem shite featured above the championship but today we have women's rubbish in there too.
    Can't the BBC just have a girls section on their site.
    Discuss

Re: Women's bloody football BBC site

You've opened a can of worms now, haven't you.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    You've opened a can of worms now, haven't you.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Worth a debate , trouble is being honest and saying ,"I find women's football tough to watch " will been ceased upon and called out as some form off misogyny .

By way of actual skill level it should be way down the BBC priorities for TV and news reporting. It doesn't attract the investment and it doesn't attract spectators (outside of it being on free to air TV and freebie tickets to the matches themselves).

It's promoted as much as its one of the few things the BBC can really afford to get involved in.

Ultimately however its the pinnacle of the women's game in this country and from an equal rights viewpoint it deserves attention and good luck to them.

It's an interesting debate and there isn't really any right answer on how much attention it should be afforded.

I have no real problem with it though, outside of when they clickbait me.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    It's bad enough having the Jock Prem shite featured above the championship but today we have women's rubbish in there too.
    Discuss

Screenshot 2020-09-27 at 11.48.19.jpg

Discuss
    Whatever other feelings on Women's football are (it's shit) I cant help thinking you're just crying out for attention here like some pre pubescent girl (am I in trouble for saying that?

I could be wrong like.

To be fair, it is the BBC’s Football site. It’s not a BBC Men’s English Leagues Football site, is it!

women's football...utter shit

Discuss
    I find it a pain in the arse that women's football is not distinguished from men's in some reports I see. Under 21, 23 etc is clearly distinguished, why shouldn't women's football be reported similarly? And yes, it's annoying to have to scroll down to the Championship past every European top flight in a British publication.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I find it a pain in the arse that women's football is not distinguished from men's in some reports I see. Under 21, 23 etc is clearly distinguished, why shouldn't women's football be reported similarly? And yes, it's annoying to have to scroll down to the Championship past every European top flight in a British publication.
    Yeah it annoys me to see headlines like "arsenal grab late winner at West ham" and find that it's the women's game.

International

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    It won't happen when we are properly out. We can take back control of our football pages.

"Women's football is shite" say men sitting behind their keyboards who wouldn't have a chance of getting in to any top women's team.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    "Women's football is shite" say men sitting behind their keyboards who wouldn't have a chance of getting in to any top women's team.
    I probably wouldn't watch women's club football. But I quite enjoy the international tournaments. It probably helps that the USWNT does so well.

I see that this week, two members of the USWNT, Tobin Heath and Alex Morgan have signed for Man Utd and Spurs respectively. I wonder how much they're on.

I have a feeling that, apart from sharing a changing room, very few on here would want to play for a women's team.
    By the way, women's football is shite.

That is not the point at all, the problem is they are being purposely disingenuous regarding headlines to encourage clicks that they would otherwise not get.

A prime example is they will have on the front page of BBC Football, Arsenal 3-2 Chelsea. I am there thinking shit didn't know they were playing tonight would have watched that, look for highlights and find out it was a WSL game.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    That is not the point at all, the problem is they are being purposely disingenuous regarding headlines to encourage clicks that they would otherwise not get.

A prime example is they will have on the front page of BBC Football, Arsenal 3-2 Chelsea. I am there thinking shit didn't know they were playing tonight would have watched that, look for highlights and find out it was a WSL game.
    It tends to be accompanied by photos of women playing football, which is a give away 😂

No wonder women don’t post on this football message board anymore. The misogamy is rife. Not a safe place for women, what a shame.

no misogamy here...love women but their football is shit

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    I'm a misogamist. Lived with the same woman for 35 years though and she's shit at football

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    No wonder women don’t post on this football message board anymore. The misogamy is rife. Not a safe place for women, what a shame.
    There's a lot of criticism of male players and teams on here, particularly our own. Does that mean this message board isn't a safe place for them?

I haven't looked at the BBC since I downloaded a football app.

It tends to be accompanied by photos of women playing football, which is a give away ��
    hey don't interrupt him when he's trying to tell you how hard things are for him because things aren't always e.x.a.c.t.l.y how he wants them

They should end the TV licence, so that people can vote with their wallets what they want to see.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I'm a misogamist. Lived with the same woman for 35 years though and she's shit at football
    I think you mean 'misogyny' and 'misogynist' don't you?