+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wales football: women kick off at 5pm playing Norway in key qualifier

Wales football: women kick off at 5pm playing Norway in key qualifier

Link to BBC live text and BBC live video: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/54012201

Sophie Ingle due to get 100th cap becoming third Welsh footballer to reach milestone: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54225762

Article on young players coming through for the women's side: https://welshfootballfans.com/eatsle...pk-frssf-kdt7z

Re: Wales football: women kick off at 5pm playing Norway in key qualifier

What a pathetic piece of goalkeeping by the Norwegian Number 1!

I can't even get a score update, the page looks like the game hasn't even started yet.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I can't even get a score update, the page looks like the game hasn't even started yet.
    Still 1-0 to Wales after 55 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Still 1-0 to Wales after 55 mins.

What you drinking !!!!!!

It’s 2-0 to Norway

Apols. Just looked in there quickly and mistook Wales as the team in red. Oops!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    What you drinking !!!!!!

It’s 2-0 to Norway
    2nd goal disallowed so still 1-0

Do the Welsh girls look like scoring?

Not watching it, as the main news is on, but every time I tune in, Norway are attacking

77 minutes gone, still 1-0

So its 1 nil to Wales, 2 nil to Norway and 1 nil to Norway

All over 1-0 loss

Finished 1-0 which is not a bad result considering that Norway are currently ranked twelfth in the world. I only watched the last twenty minutes, but Wales had a right go in the closing stages and had the home team hanging on at times - they weren't helped by the fact that the ref gave them absolutely nothing while I was watching, turning down a penalty appeal for handball in the dying moments that was definitely in the "seen them given before" category.

Coleman Had a Dream podcast is a good one to keep an eye on for our women's football: https://twitter.com/Colemans_Dream

That is a bitter pill to take. A brilliant performance. Taken one of the best sides in the world to the wire. Had our chances and didn’t take them though. O’Sullivan will be disappointed. Real development in the performance though and hopefully this is something we can build on.

Finally, it was 100% a pen. We’ve got our share of luck with their disallowed goal but that’s a pen for me. Such a shame. I felt we’d have deserved the draw. The only upside here is that we do have a lot to build on in the home game. We’ve proved we can take points off them.
    If you watched England away and Northern Ireland at home then you would think our keeper was two different people. We got flashes of England away today but conceded in a very similar way to Northern Ireland at home and can see why CHaD states O'Sullivan will be disappointed. Judging her on these three big games only, she seems to be a bit of a Neil Alexander.

Norway had a second goal somewhat controversially disallowed and Wales had a decent penalty shout get turned down so a one goal defeat probably fair. Losing a qualifier obviously limits how positive you can be but I thought we played really well at times and it's a team we can be immensely proud of; in fact I would say that today's performance replicated in that England away game at Southampton produces three points which shows how much development has happened in short period of time.

Cardiff City and Swansea City play each other on S4C, Sunday, September 27th, 2020 - 4pm KO: https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...ties-available

Next fix for anyone who is getting into women's football.

International

They might score after the game.