+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff v Leicester play offs 2010

Cardiff v Leicester play offs 2010

On sky sports at the mo. What a night!! Can’t believe how young I look in the crowd!!

Re: Cardiff v Leicester play offs 2010

One word turns me off watching that !! BLACKPOOL

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    One word turns me off watching that !! BLACKPOOL
    The most hurtful time i've ever experienced as a City Fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    The most hurtful time i've ever experienced as a City Fan.
    Still not recovered from it

That team was our one chance of staying up, if we would have got there

Would've been interesting to see ho jones would've managed in the Premier League, didn't he do a decent job with Sothampton.

I'm watching that too, didn't realise you'd made this thread before making my Chopra one. What a player he was and what a night but yes, Blackpool was my worst experience as a City fan and there were many.

No it wasnt Malkys and Warnock Teams were stronger.

Plus better managers.

And don't forget we lost. That team had a soft underbelly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

Plus better managers.
    I agree with that to a point. However, I do feel the same as Bluetit that the class of 2010 would have had the best chance of staying up. It was technically superior to any of the sides that won promotion and had a potent attack. 3 or 4 additions, particularly in midfield and defence, and that side could have stayed up quite comfortably.

For me, the most memorable City game ever.

Even though we ‘lost’, we played some fantastic football, the game was full of drama and incident.

The penalties were almost unwatchable, but our takers were brilliant.

Despite the crushing feeling of disappointment and that Kermogant penalty, Nigel Pearson handled his post game interview with class, and wished us luck in the final.

Plus better managers.
    Disagree, that team was better than Malky’s or Warnock’s, at Championship leave.

Jones team of that season had attacking flair and goal scorers, something we’ve struggled with since.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    Disagree, that team was better than Malky’s or Warnock’s, at Championship leave.

Jones team of that season had attacking flair and goal scorers, something we’ve struggled with since.
    Well league position shows otherwise.

Looking at our line up in 2010 including the bench and I really think theres some rose tinted specs with that side.( they were a very good championship side though)

Yeah some great games but some right mares along the way.

They are both on a different level to Jones as well. Kelvin Etuhu for Bothroyd. !!!!!

We had McCormack on the bench. Who eventually comes on for Burke.

That final was a disaster. Chopra was superb but so many others however technically good they were just weren't up to it.

You can be technically good but its a struggle if you cant show it without time and space.

Well league position shows otherwise.

Looking at our line up in 2010 including the bench and I really think theres some rose tinted specs with that side.( they were a very good championship side though)

Yeah some great games but some right mares along the way.

They are both on a different level to Jones as well. Kelvin Etuhu for Bothroyd. !!!!!

We had McCormack on the bench. Who eventually comes on for Burke.

That final was a disaster. Chopra was superb but so many others however technically good they were just weren't up to it.

You can be technically good but its a struggle if you cant show it without time and space.
    I know of course that City wouldn't have turned their back on the opportunity to sign someone like Craig Bellamy in the summer of 2010 given his quality as a player then, but I wonder if there was also an element of hoping that Bellamy could come in and "sort the dressing room out" in terms of the attitude of some of the players? As you say, technically, it could well have been the best City side ever, but they were also pretty flaky and there was a tendency for heads to drop pretty quickly if things were going against them - that was certainly not the case in either of the promotion sides.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I know of course that City wouldn't have turned their back on the opportunity to sign someone like Craig Bellamy in the summer of 2010 given his quality as a player then, but I wonder if there was also an element of hoping that Bellamy could come in and "sort the dressing room out" in terms of the attitude of some of the players? As you say, technically, it could well have been the best City side ever, but they were also pretty flaky and there was a tendency for heads to drop pretty quickly if things were going against them - that was certainly not the case in either of the promotion sides.
    I think it's well-documented that Dave Jones let certain players walk all over him. I can't see Bellamy doing much to stop that.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    We did lack leaders and the 2 man central midfield could be completely overwhelmed.

That day our 2 were always going to struggle particularly as Charlie Adam was part of their central unit.

With Bothroyd off it was always going to be a struggle without the long ball option to him.

I hadn't seen this game before, otherwise engaged recovering from a bowel operation. I really enjoyed watching it. We looked a strong side and the quality of the penalties was outstanding.