+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Brilliant Story

Brilliant Story

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...share_btn_link

For 18 months, at precisely 7am every day, the broadband signal in the tiny Welsh village of Aberhosan simply vanished.

Engineers were sent to the remote settlement in mid*Wales, which has a population of just 400, to investigate the problem. They spent days testing connections and replacing cables until they finally got to the root of the problem – one villager’s old telly.

The resident, who has asked not to be identified, turned his secondhand television on each day at 7am. It created a burst of “electrical noise” that brought down the neighbourhood’s broadband.

Re: Brilliant Story

That is funny.
    I know that part of the world. Aberhosan really is the back of beyond. Halfway up the mountain a few miles from Machynlleth. It's a wonder theyve got tv let alone wifi.

BT need to buy that fella a new tv - it’s their problem not his

Non story.
    Apparantly the broadband and mobile speed/signal have been and still are crap after 10 years n the area.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Non story.
    Apparantly the broadband and mobile speed/signal have been and still are crap after 10 years n the area.
    I've got a caravan a few miles from there. I was surprised when BT said there was broadband there in the first place. It really is the back of beyond. Outsiders disappear if they dare to set foot in Aberhosan. Never to be seen again.

What a load of Bollox - PR Stunt

A local on the news did a speed test after the said television had been switched off. The download speed was still just over 1Mbps.
    Hardly solved the problem.

Talking of BB slowing down, has anyone in Cardiff noticed it’s not quite as good as it was a few months ago? Didn’t have any issues during lockdown, but the last few weeks it drops out or loses connectivity a lot more.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    I've got a caravan a few miles from there. I was surprised when BT said there was broadband there in the first place. It really is the back of beyond. Outsiders disappear if they dare to set foot in Aberhosan. Never to be seen again.
    Is Aberhosan the welsh for Royston Vasey? You'll never leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    What a load of Bollox - PR Stunt
    I've seen the affect of electrical interference on Wi-Fi and it does happen. Whether a TV can do that to 400 houses I doubt, but it could effect a street.