+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 2 READING. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 2 READING. Match thread

Another very disappointing performance, we seem to be as ineffective at home again as we were under Paul Trollope

Feeling like a team in decline.

oh dear... the lad is very poor lol...

also vaulks long throws straight to the keeper whats all that about...

tomlin looking around thinking what a shit team im in lol

"Boss, there's no service to our striker at all at the moment, we need to do something"

"Let's send another one on!"

I'm taking my son to Liverpool University tomorrow

I'll take Ojo and leave him back there if I'm allowed

Lightweight, no skill, no backbone, no idea, dreadful player

That was shite.
    This is going to be a long season I think, reminds me of the Football under Trollope.

Re: CARDIFF CITY v READING. Match thread

the ONLY plus point is that Reading keep the Jacks off the top....

I was one who suggested Warnock be given another year last summer but it's clear he did his best work in first season and a half and the squad he left us with was poorly assembled. Harris's signings haven't pulled up any trees mind, and bringing on Glatzel to partner Moore is a poor tactic going nowhere. I also disliked the referee and think he made some very poor decisions both for and against us.

One of those days in the Championship...

Hoilett and Ojo were both very poor.

We desperately need a backup for Tomlin and how Ojo finished the game I'll never know

Harris' solution to losing seeming to be "throw all the attackers on" is quite concerning

Really hoped for more from Harris,
    What he did today...Murphy 90 min sub. Took the biscuit.

For me Harris isnt up to it, maybe its just because ive never liked him but think we hit a crest of a wave after lock down with some good results but think his pack infatuation in the playoffs cost us.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    We desperately need a backup for Tomlin and how Ojo finished the game I'll never know

Harris' solution to losing seeming to be "throw all the attackers on" is quite concerning
    It's not ideal, but what else is he supposed to do when we're two goals down with 15 minutes left and haven't looked like scoring?

Hard to take too many positives out of that.

The defence are looking as weak as we have for some time. Conceding free headers off a free kick into the box and another where a sole striker twists and turns and gets a shot off.

No creativity or the ability to beat a man from what is, and has been for some time, a very pedestrian midfield. Add to this our best winger sacked and being replaced with a very inferior replacement and I'm only thankful that there are some very weak teams near the lower end of this league should worst come to worst.

Harris has now had two transfer windows and the answer must lie with him and the changes and improvements he will try to bring about. I've not seen two home defeats as bad and without a much as a whimper like the last two in quite some time. Worrying.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    It's not ideal, but what else is he supposed to do when we're two goals down with 15 minutes left and haven't looked like scoring?
    If I knew the answer to that I'd be a football manager

My point is that he didn't offer any kind of solution other than "throw on all the attackers hope we nick something", which is the kind of thing a child would come up with. The problem wasn't lack of forward players, it was lack of service, throwing on another striker won't fix that

Rather than back up we need a playmaker for Tomlin to be back up for. He has been having the odd game and 20 minute cameo for some time now. We need to spend money on a permanent play maker or stump up wages for a creative loanee.

I don't think Tomlin is going to be fit enough for what City need again if I'm honest. He hasn't been fit enough in all his time here. He isn't suddenly going to become a regular starter now.

This issue has been there for some years though and certainly all the time Harris has been here. Yet we persist with players who can't beat a man and have little to no creativity.

Moore and young Harris linked up really well to score a pre-season goal so it can work but has anyone seen signs Glatzel and Moore know how to play together? I would have preferred to bring on Bagan for Cunningham to inject a bit more energy out wide, Tomlin on for Bacuna and Murphy on for Hoilett.

At the same time, I really would not want to bring on a player for his debut (?) and "is-this-going-to-be-the-week-he-finally-clicks?" Murphy to regain the momentum, which is what I mean about a really poorly assembled squad.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Hard to take too many positives out of that.

The defence are looking as weak as we have for some time. Conceding free headers off a free kick into the box and another where a sole striker twists and turns and gets a shot off.

No creativity or the ability to beat a man from what is, and has been for some time, a very pedestrian midfield. Add to this our best winger sacked and being replaced with a very inferior replacement and I'm only thankful that there are some very weak teams near the lower end of this league should worst come to worst.

Harris has now had two transfer windows and the answer must lie with him and the changes and improvements he will try to bring about. I've not seen two home defeats as bad and without a much as a whimper like the last two in quite some time. Worrying.
    This concerns me as well. All the goals we have conceded this season have been pretty straightforward for the opposition.

we still have a dross of really shite players

The Sheyi Ojo signing worried me at the time, sadly those concerns have been realised.

Next week play Bamba for Nelson, and if fit start with Tomlin, Murphy and Ralls. The defence looks week. After all, Tomlin played from the kick off 70 off minutes for the U23s earlier in the week so he must have some modicum of fitness. Drop Ojo, Hoilett and Bacuna.

I watch the U23s on the Club TV. There is little to be reassured for us supporters about our players in that team.

Just watched the highlights of the Jacks,fast passing out wide getting to the byline and whipping in crosses.We need midfield and wingers who can beat a man.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Just watched the highlights of the Jacks,fast passing out wide getting to the byline and whipping in crosses.We need midfield and wingers who can beat a man.
    Our midfield is shocking. When Tomlin isn't playing there is no-one in the side who can make progressive passes

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    Next week play Bamba for Nelson, and if fit start with Tomlin, Murphy and Ralls. The defence looks week. After all, Tomlin played from the kick off 70 off minutes for the U23s earlier in the week so he must have some modicum of fitness. Drop Ojo, Hoilett and Bacuna.

I watch the U23s on the Club TV. There is little to be reassured for us supporters about our players in that team.
    Christ no

We obviously missed Ralls today, and our “offensive” 3 midfielders (Hoilett, Ojo, and Baccuna) were shocking.
    Even more disappointing was the lack of fight and passion, on, and off the pitch.
    The Reading bench were vocal, encouraged, and appealed for everything all game, imagine Warnock having that at home, Harris is too nice, and it seems the players are getting the same.