+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Nottingham Forest - 11 signings

Nottingham Forest - 11 signings

11 new signings for Forest now, including Hazza Arter

Re: Nottingham Forest - 11 signings

Possibly why theyve been so crap so far this season.

I wouldn't have minded having Arter back on loan. I don't think I'd sign him to a contract though.

After huffs and puffs and does his hair a lot but he goes to ground too often,. He also often over hits passes cause he gets so excited and can’t shoot for shit. Proper row z stuff. He’s game and loves a good run around, often pressing when no one else is and getting easily by passed. He’s committed but that’s about it these days.

Derby signed Jordan Ibe for free today. He could be good for them if he can put some games together. I wonder if we looked at him before getting Ojo in. We wouldn’t pay his sort of wages probably.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    After huffs and puffs and does his hair a lot but he goes to ground too often,. He also often over hits passes cause he gets so excited and can’t shoot for shit. Proper row z stuff. He’s game and loves a good run around, often pressing when no one else is and getting easily by passed. He’s committed but that’s about it these days.

Derby signed Jordan Ibe for free today. He could be good for them if he can put some games together. I wonder if we looked at him before getting Ojo in. We wouldn’t pay his sort of wages probably.
    A bit harsh on Arter.

Ibe was a huge disappointment at Bournemouth. I’d rather us give Ojo a go instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    A bit harsh on Arter.

Ibe was a huge disappointment at Bournemouth. I’d rather us give Ojo a go instead.
    At least Ibe showed some promise. Ojo has a chance but hasn’t shown anything of merit previous to us

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    At least Ibe showed some promise. Ojo has a chance but hasn’t shown anything of merit previous to us
    But Ibe has never fulfilled his potential. He might still but he has had plenty of time and opportunity.

Ojo might still. There has to be some reason why he has a contract with Liverpool. But of course, he might not turn out to be very good.

As free signings go I think Ibe is one of the better players out there at championship level. Has got it all in his locker. It’s just wether he can put it together regularly. I don’t rate Arter myself. Plenty do though. A poor mans Robbie Savage who I also don’t rate. That’s the beauty of football though. We all see different things. Arter will do a job I’m sure and seems a good pro but for his wages you could probably sign better I think.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post

Spot on Joe, he's an out of control forest gump.

Arter is good at this level at what he does, he will be perfect at forest though from what I saw first half. Only player to show any aggression at all was Taylor who they brought on, actually looked a good player too.

We already have Ralls and Vaulks for that sort of job in the centre. Not to mention Bacuna and Pack who are probably also more capable defensive/box to box than going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    But Ibe has never fulfilled his potential. He might still but he has had plenty of time and opportunity.

Ojo might still. There has to be some reason why he has a contract with Liverpool. But of course, he might not turn out to be very good.
    My Scouse in-laws tell me they've been frustrated by Ojo precisely because he has shown promise. But has lacked consistency.

Arter was hugely over rated by our fanbase during his time here because he ran around a lot and shouted

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Arter was hugely over rated by our fanbase during his time here because he ran around a lot and shouted
    He was good for us, one of our better passers

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    He was rated because he was exactly what we needed at the time.