+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Incoming - Deadline Day Rumours

Incoming - Deadline Day Rumours

Rumours on twitter that we are in for Reading midfielder John Swift.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_S...er,_born_1995)

Re: Incoming

Anyone know anything about him (apart from what's on his Wikipedia page) or recall seeing him play?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Anyone know anything about him (apart from what's on his Wikipedia page) or recall seeing him play?
    I enjoyed Gullivers Travels, but some of his other works are thought provoking

First off. Swift won’t be going to Cardiff unless you have £10 million spare. Villa and Sheff Utd have been after him and been told to go away. I think Sheff Utd offered something like £3.5 million which was considered derisory. On his day he is as good as any Championship midfielder. He is very talented but blows hot and cold. He was very lightweight but has improved over the past season.

Great vision and sublime passing when he is at his game. Some superb free-kicks too. He had loads of assists for us last season and scored a few too. He has turned 25 so still pretty young.

If he leaves us it will be for a top flight club.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I enjoyed Gullivers Travels, but some of his other works are thought provoking
    Well in that case Swift is more Lilliputian than from Brobdingnag. My Reading chums think he is by far their most creative playmaker though and the word is he is after an out (preferably in the next couple of days)!

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    First off. Swift won’t be going to Cardiff unless you have £10 million spare. Villa and Sheff Utd have been after him and been told to go away. I think Sheff Utd offered something like £3.5 million which was considered derisory. On his day he is as good as any Championship midfielder. He is very talented but blows hot and cold. He was very lightweight but has improved over the past season.

Great vision and sublime passing when he is at his game. Some superb free-kicks too. He had loads of assists for us last season and scored a few too. He has turned 25 so still pretty young.

If he blows hot and cold that's a big problem. And he's not worth £10M.

Not sure it's a big problem but I have air conditioning in the car that does that at a fraction of the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post

A swift end to that rumour ..

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    A swift end to that rumour ..
    Though I did notice that he played one league game for Chelsea when he replaced Hazard against us so why he isn't bossing the midfield for PSG or Inter is anybody's guess

Be very, very surprised if there's anything to this, the only way I could see it happening was if there was some sort of swap deal involved.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Though I did notice that he played one league game for Chelsea when he replaced Hazard against us so why he isn't bossing the midfield for PSG or Inter is anybody's guess

Sounds like TOM INCE, mark 2

It’s probably why he is still at Reading but he is more hot than cold in his defence. He is certainly a high end Championship midfielder and being English and young (ish) means he does have a high value to us.

He's a very good player very busy and can pass a ball - There is no way he's coming to us but its lovely speculation as opposed to when Ojo was linked - I went meh.....

We do need something extra to freshen up midfield but I get the feeling Harris thinks he has enough.

£10m 😂😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    £10m ��������
    Rodon being linked to West Ham for between £15 and £20 million. High end British Championship players get sold for these sorts of values these days. There are not many better technical players in the Championship than Swift.

Not a chance

More chance of signing John Oster.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Not sure it's a big problem but I have air conditioning in the car that does that at a fraction of the price.
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Be very, very surprised if there's anything to this, the only way I could see it happening was if there was some sort of swap deal involved.
    They can have Pack. And Flint.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    They can have Pack. And Flint.
    That would increase the fee to £13m.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    That would increase the fee to £13m.
    From £15m.

I really can't see this one happening.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I heard off a reading fan the other day that he'd been told they were interested in Murphy?