+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wrexham

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Wrexham

Why Wrexham?

- really easy purchase of such a historical club
    - success of recent documentaries such as for Sunderland, Leeds and Spurs means there is a money spinner there for two film-makers
    - background of the two involved. Fulham is nothing like Philadelphia but Wrexham is a bit(maybe pushing it?) and Ryan Reynolds grandparents would have fitted in too.

I really, really hope it's successful. Their supporters have been put through a lot and kept things going.

Inter Milan have training camp in Bangor, Wrexham being taken over by Hollywood - if us and the Jack's don't get promoted soon South Wales might start falling behind!

Re: Wrexham

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Why Wrexham?

- really easy purchase of such a historical club
    - success of recent documentaries such as for Sunderland, Leeds and Spurs means there is a money spinner there for two film-makers
    - background of the two involved. Fulham is nothing like Philadelphia but Wrexham is a bit(maybe pushing it?) and Ryan Reynolds grandparents would have fitted in too.

I really, really hope it's successful. Their supporters have been put through a lot and kept things going.

Inter Milan have training camp in Bangor, Wrexham being taken over by Hollywood - if us and the Jack's don't get promoted soon South Wales might start falling behind!
    Also, they have zero debt. Not many clubs in any league can say that.
    So all their / Netflix money will be straight into the clubs bank account and not paying off past owners fcuk ups.
    The whole thing will self fund what with the Netflix money, extra sponsorship, gate receipts will increase, merchandise sales which could go global and also it should attract good players who may now choose them instead of League 2 clubs knowing they should be on the up and have a large profile, they are a big shop window now. I used to hate them during the Gary Bennett years but I’ve got some very good Wrexham mates from Wales trips and wish them all the best...they think Christmas has come early