+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wrexham

Re: Wrexham

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I too hope it works out for them, putting aside the North / South Wales rivalry.

I do wonder though whether they have had a look at the Swansea model and thought "this is like taking candy off a baby"
    Which model, selling their stars from their successful youth development teams and not reinvesting in 1st team players?

If so, i'd say that's a long firm as Wrexham are probably 20 years away and tremendous luck from anything like what Swansea have done recently. But good luck to them, wish them all the best.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Good for Wrexham, I hope it goes well for them because their fans deserve something to get excited about given what they've been through in the last ten years or so - they've maintained their level of support really well, in fact, I can remember times in the Football League when their gates were smaller than they get now.
    Agree. The Wrexham result is still one I look out for along with Newport County. I hope it doesn't all end in tears, especially no Brad Bobley American coach please (remember this classic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i04vzLpX06w)

2 million?...probably get them out of the 5th division

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Which model, selling their stars from their successful youth development teams and not reinvesting in 1st team players?

If so, i'd say that's a long firm as Wrexham are probably 20 years away and tremendous luck from anything like what Swansea have done recently. But good luck to them, wish them all the best.
    It could be viewed that way, I was thinking along the lines of a small town club rising to the top in a relatively short space of time and selling their assets at a huge profit.
    A relatively small initial investment should get the ball rolling.
    Whether it pans out the same way it has for Swansea's American owners is a long shot.

Why Wrexham?
    Decent stadium, little or no debt, good catchment area, history of League football.
    At two million, it's an absolute bargain.
    If only someone would do the same for Merthyr, and get every Welsh club back in the League.

I admire the group of Wrexham fans who travelled to Manchester to confront and protest against those right wing knuckledraggers, the football lads whatever. Well done to them, they deserve this, sort of, reward for their stance against Nazi shite.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I admire the group of Wrexham fans who travelled to Manchester to confront and protest against those right wing knuckledraggers, the football lads whatever. Well done to them, they deserve this, sort of, reward for their stance against Nazi shite.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Why Wrexham?
    Decent stadium, little or no debt, good catchment area, history of League football.
    At two million, it's an absolute bargain.
    If only someone would do the same for Merthyr, and get every Welsh club back in the League.
    absoloutley

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Too right , apparently they handed the nazis a right leathering