Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
Good for Wrexham, I hope it goes well for them because their fans deserve something to get excited about given what they've been through in the last ten years or so - they've maintained their level of support really well, in fact, I can remember times in the Football League when their gates were smaller than they get now.
I was just looking at the bottom division league table from 2002/03 for no other reason than that was the last season we spent in the bottom 2 divisions.

17 of the 24 teams in that division that season subsequently experienced non-league football. 7 have since returned. Included in the 10 that never came back are Rushden & Diamonds, Hartlepool and Wrexham, who were the top 3 that season. Rushden lasted 1 season and Wrexham managed 2 in League One. Hartlepool made the playoffs twice, losing in one final, then were relegated.

The other team promoted with R&D, Wrexham and Hartlepool were Bournemouth, in the playoffs. It's safe to say that they enjoyed wildly different fortunes to the 3 that won automatic promotion!