+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Shopping

Christmas Shopping

I hate Christmas and I hate shopping

The idea of naffing into cardiff st davids 2 with the zombie hoards makes me ill at the best of times

But at Christmas?

That's the value of the Internet.....

New metal album .......order it online

Fishing tackle .......online

Clothes ......online

What a complete and utter waste of time walking around cardiff or Bridgend designer village is , listening to some idiot dressed up as santa claus telling you about the latest dfs sale

Bollocks to that

Re: Christmas Shopping

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

The idea of naffing into cardiff st davids 2 with the zombie hoards makes me ill at the best of times

But at Christmas?

Clothes ......online

What a complete and utter waste of time walking around cardiff or Bridgend designer village is , listening to some idiot dressed up as santa claus telling you about the latest dfs sale

Bollocks to that
    Totally agree with all of that.

The consumer-fest is such a waste of time and money. We end up buying presents for people who don't really want them and, in turn, receive stuff that we don't really want. If we really wanted certain items we would have purchased them for ourselves during the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    The consumer-fest is such a waste of time and money. We end up buying presents for people who don't really want them and, in turn, receive stuff that we don't really want. If we really wanted certain items we would have purchased them for ourselves during the year.
    On an annual basis I feel like I'm being forced into finding something that I want, just so that my parents and in laws can wrap me a gift to open.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    On an annual basis I feel like I'm being forced into finding something that I want, just so that my parents and in laws can wrap me a gift to open.
    Opt out. I do.

As soon as people start putting up the lights I go into hibernation

Wake up about early March

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Opt out. I do.
    Easier said than done

But at Christmas?

Clothes ......online

Bollocks to that
    Especially with the fecking queuing to get in anywhere. Took me 3 hours to get into my local brothel.

But at Christmas?

Clothes ......online

Bollocks to that
    The spirit of giving. Your old dear should be well pleased with that haul.

I am nothing if not generous

But at Christmas?

Clothes ......online

Bollocks to that
    Bah Humbug !

The ‘now’ situation has taken the shine off Christmas in my opinion. When I was a kid when you wanted something in, say, September/October you’d be asking, “Can I have ........ for Christmas”, even adults waited for the things they wanted, now it’s a quick click on Amazon, the item’s there within a few days whether it’s June, July or August. If we we want something, we want it now, we don’t want to wait.

Me and the Mrs, used to love Christmas.

But these days we don't bother, plus told all the family to stop buying crap smellies (are they trying to tell you something )

Starts to early, finishes to late.

Finished my shopping, all done online, stress free

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Finished my shopping, all done online, stress free
    The spirit of Christmas is still alive I see !!!!! FFS

Most people aren’t celebrating Christmas at all, they are celebrating a Consumer Fest, an annual event which takes place every December, although it can start much earlier. It ends abruptly on December 25th.

Several years ago (10 years maybe?) my wife persuaded me to stop off at that Bridgend Designer outlet place (aka McAurthur Glen) as we were driving back from visiting relatives in Gwent. It was mid December. The place was a nightmare – heaving traffic, car parks rammed, people running around like headless chickens with arms full of “stuff”. We drove around the block and straight out back out onto the M4. Needless to say, I have never been back there since.

It will be interesting to see how the place will be organised this December with social distancing measures etc. - COVID 3rd wave here we come?

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Most people aren’t celebrating Christmas at all, they are celebrating a Consumer Fest, an annual event which takes place every December, although it can start much earlier. It ends abruptly on December 25th.

Several years ago (10 years maybe?) my wife persuaded me to stop off at that Bridgend Designer outlet place (aka McAurthur Glen) as we were driving back from visiting relatives in Gwent. It was mid December. The place was a nightmare – heaving traffic, car parks rammed, people running around like headless chickens with arms full of “stuff”. We drove around the block and straight out back out onto the M4. Needless to say, I have never been back there since.

It will be interesting to see how the place will be organised this December with social distancing measures etc. - COVID 3rd wave here we come?
    I have been to the designer outlet place in Bridgend twice

I will never get that time back

Its a cesspit of hell

I ****ing love Christmas

Won't be as good this year but time off work with family, nights out with friends, giving some nice presents is great, loads of sport on the telly.

I understand everyone's situation isn't the same though

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    The spirit of Christmas is still alive I see !!!!! FFS
    What's christmasy about going into over crowded shop with a pandemic going on, everyone trying to keep 2m with a mask on. Sadly it's not going to be a normal Christmas in that respect so I'd rather spend my time doing other things that are christmasy around Christmas than going into shops and probably paying over the odds doing so.

I have been to the designer outlet place in Bridgend twice

I will never get that time back

Its a cesspit of hell
    Funny you should mention hell. Maybe that's what hell is - an eternal version of Mc.Aurthur Glen where we unrepentant sinners go when we die and have to spend the rest of eternity there!

Opt out. I do.
    Not easy if you have kids, although i've never gone over the top with Christmas, the food shop is pretty much the same as always apart from one or two things. My wife and one of my kids go to mass. i just see it as a nice day off with my family.

[QUOTE=BLUETIT;5136534

Starts to early, finishes to late.[/QUOTE]

O dear

But at Christmas?

Clothes ......online

Bollocks to that
    What about baby Jesus, the three wise men and that magical manger moment

But at Christmas?

Clothes ......online

Bollocks to that
    So you would be happy with all City/Town centres and shopping malls to become ghost towns putting hundreds of thousands out of work just to shop online?

Castle Street is closed, and you can't turn left where Newport Road meets Queen Street.
    A total nightmare for anyone trying to park in town, and for anyone trying to drive across town.
    Guaranteed to finish off the city centre, if Covid and rent payments hasn't already done it.
    What on earth is our council doing?