+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 45

Thread: THE APP

  1. #1

    THE APP

    Who's downloaded it then?

  2. #2

    Re: THE APP

    Nobody with an iPhone 6 apparently

  3. #3

    Re: THE APP

    Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Who's downloaded it then?
    It's impressive and even managed to download it straight away.

  4. #4
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    9,100

    Re: THE APP

    Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Nobody with an iPhone 6 apparently
    I was thinking that.

  5. #5

    Re: THE APP

    The track and trace app?

  6. #6

    Re: THE APP

    Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Nobody with an iPhone 6 apparently
    I’ve got a 6 and downloaded it

  7. #7

    Re: THE APP

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    The track and trace app?
    Yes, sorry, big news here

  8. #8

    Re: THE APP

    They dont say how much mobile data it uses and cant find an answer. So installed it easy enough but uninstalled it when I couldnt get an answer to data usage.

  9. #9

    Re: THE APP

    Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I’ve got a 6 and downloaded it
    It works for a 6S I believe. I've got IOS 12.4 and am up to date with downloads - you need 13.5 apparently.

  10. #10

    Re: THE APP

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It works for a 6S I believe. I've got IOS 12.4 and am up to date with downloads - you need 13.5 apparently.
    I like to stay a few years behind the new phone tech too. What I’m looking at now is that it’s saying I’m in a medium risk area, do they count the fact I live opposite the Heath hospital and the Covid ward is less than 1000 ft from my front door?

  11. #11

    Re: THE APP

    Get a new Samsung phone Bob. Switch to Android. You wont regret it.

  12. #12

    Re: THE APP

    Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I like to stay a few years behind the new phone tech too. What I’m looking at now is that it’s saying I’m in a medium risk area, do they count the fact I live opposite the Heath hospital and the Covid ward is less than 1000 ft from my front door?
    Your lucky im in high risk.

  13. #13
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    9,100

    Re: THE APP

    What is the name of the app? I put in coronavirus app and got about 10. Test and trace got similar number of options.

  14. #14

    Re: THE APP

    NHS Covid 19.

  15. #15
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    9,100

    Re: THE APP

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    NHS Covid 19.
    Ta! Got it. samsung android. Wonderful machines.

  16. #16

    Re: THE APP

    Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    What is the name of the app? I put in coronavirus app and got about 10. Test and trace got similar number of options.
    Post deleted as person already has the ap.

  17. #17

    Re: THE APP

    Me.

    Do your bit innit

  18. #18

    Re: THE APP

    I have, I wonder what chances you have of being within close enough proximity to someone with covid for it to alert you. I suppose slim especially considering they would also need the app.

    Just imagining a situation where if you were particularly unlucky your employer would start to think you were taking the piss.

  19. #19

    Re: THE APP

    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I have, I wonder what chances you have of being within close enough proximity to someone with covid for it to alert you. I suppose slim especially considering they would also need the app.

    Just imagining a situation where if you were particularly unlucky your employer would start to think you were taking the piss.
    Being all techy for a moment, the app relies on the Bluetooth on your phone to detect the BT on someone else's phone and then decides if you're <2m from it. But BT has an location accuracy of only about 10m, so it will surely over predict the number of contacts you've had.

  20. #20

    Re: THE APP

    I said in another thread that I donít take my phone everywhere these days, I never take it to the gym so bit of a pointless exercise, but I do adhere to the hands, face and space theory.

  21. #21

    Re: THE APP

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Your lucky im in high risk.
    and me

  22. #22

    Re: THE APP

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It works for a 6S I believe. I've got IOS 12.4 and am up to date with downloads - you need 13.5 apparently.
    You should be able to download iOS 13.7 which comes with a built-in track and trace app.

  23. #23

    Re: THE APP

    It's fab. Haven't quite got the hang of swiping left or right yet, but it'll get there. Covid dating. It's the future.

  24. #24

    Re: THE APP

    I live in a low risk area. But the app is telling me Iím in a medium risk area ....

  25. #25

    Re: THE APP

    yep downloaded, right thing to do in my opinion, if it helps to keep folk safe let's do it

  26. #26

    Re: THE APP

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    You should be able to download iOS 13.7 which comes with a built-in track and trace app.
    iPhone 6 updates donít go that high and will say your phone is up to date at 12.4.

    Hence the twitter outrage at our world beating system.

  27. #27

    Re: THE APP

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    iPhone 6 updates don’t go that high and will say your phone is up to date at 12.4.

    Hence the twitter outrage at our world beating system.
    Exactly.

  28. #28

    Re: THE APP

    The government should just issue BELLS to those who test positive

    F ucking apps , nearer Big Brother every day

  29. #29

    Re: THE APP

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    The government should just issue BELLS to those who test positive

    F ucking apps , nearer Big Brother every day
    This stupidity is one reason we are in the state we are in. No one is forcing you to have the app or take your phone anywhere you ****ing pleb.

  30. #30

    Re: THE APP

    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    This stupidity is one reason we are in the state we are in. No one is forcing you to have the app or take your phone anywhere you ****ing pleb.
    F ucking hell, someone got out the wrong side of the bed

    Where’s that fishing smilie

    You wanna lighten up, me olde chucker

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •