I was thinking that.

Re: THE APP

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Nobody with an iPhone 6 apparently
    I’ve got a 6 and downloaded it

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I’ve got a 6 and downloaded it
    It works for a 6S I believe. I've got IOS 12.4 and am up to date with downloads - you need 13.5 apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It works for a 6S I believe. I've got IOS 12.4 and am up to date with downloads - you need 13.5 apparently.
    I like to stay a few years behind the new phone tech too. What I’m looking at now is that it’s saying I’m in a medium risk area, do they count the fact I live opposite the Heath hospital and the Covid ward is less than 1000 ft from my front door?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    You should be able to download iOS 13.7 which comes with a built-in track and trace app.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    You should be able to download iOS 13.7 which comes with a built-in track and trace app.
    iPhone 6 updates don’t go that high and will say your phone is up to date at 12.4.

Hence the twitter outrage at our world beating system.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Who's downloaded it then?
    It's impressive and even managed to download it straight away.

The track and trace app?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    The track and trace app?
    Yes, sorry, big news here

They dont say how much mobile data it uses and cant find an answer. So installed it easy enough but uninstalled it when I couldnt get an answer to data usage.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    They dont say how much mobile data it uses and cant find an answer. So installed it easy enough but uninstalled it when I couldnt get an answer to data usage.
    All the major phone networks have confirmed that the app runs without using up any of the users data allowance. Hopefully that will allow you to reinstall it. If we are ever going to beat the virus, this is an important part of the process, so I have installed it, as have all my family.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    All the major phone networks have confirmed that the app runs without using up any of the users data allowance. Hopefully that will allow you to reinstall it. If we are ever going to beat the virus, this is an important part of the process, so I have installed it, as have all my family.

Get a new Samsung phone Bob. Switch to Android. You wont regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I like to stay a few years behind the new phone tech too. What I’m looking at now is that it’s saying I’m in a medium risk area, do they count the fact I live opposite the Heath hospital and the Covid ward is less than 1000 ft from my front door?
    Your lucky im in high risk.

Your lucky im in high risk.
    and me

International

What is the name of the app? I put in coronavirus app and got about 10. Test and trace got similar number of options.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    What is the name of the app? I put in coronavirus app and got about 10. Test and trace got similar number of options.
    Post deleted as person already has the ap.

NHS Covid 19.

International

NHS Covid 19.
    Ta! Got it. samsung android. Wonderful machines.

Me.

Do your bit innit

I have, I wonder what chances you have of being within close enough proximity to someone with covid for it to alert you. I suppose slim especially considering they would also need the app.

Just imagining a situation where if you were particularly unlucky your employer would start to think you were taking the piss.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I have, I wonder what chances you have of being within close enough proximity to someone with covid for it to alert you. I suppose slim especially considering they would also need the app.

Just imagining a situation where if you were particularly unlucky your employer would start to think you were taking the piss.
    Being all techy for a moment, the app relies on the Bluetooth on your phone to detect the BT on someone else's phone and then decides if you're <2m from it. But BT has an location accuracy of only about 10m, so it will surely over predict the number of contacts you've had.

I said in another thread that I don’t take my phone everywhere these days, I never take it to the gym so bit of a pointless exercise, but I do adhere to the hands, face and space theory.