+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: THE APP

Re: THE APP

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    You should be able to download iOS 13.7 which comes with a built-in track and trace app.
    iPhone 6 updates don’t go that high and will say your phone is up to date at 12.4.

Hence the twitter outrage at our world beating system.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    iPhone 6 updates don’t go that high and will say your phone is up to date at 12.4.

Hence the twitter outrage at our world beating system.
    Exactly.

The government should just issue BELLS to those who test positive

F ucking apps , nearer Big Brother every day

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

This stupidity is one reason we are in the state we are in. No one is forcing you to have the app or take your phone anywhere you ****ing pleb.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    This stupidity is one reason we are in the state we are in. No one is forcing you to have the app or take your phone anywhere you ****ing pleb.
    F ucking hell, someone got out the wrong side of the bed

Where’s that fishing smilie

You wanna lighten up, me olde chucker

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I'd say the stupidity is rolling out something in a format that large numbers of those most at risk from the virus won't have access to.

Could be useful.

Just 7.5% of the money spent on that app, much of it wasted, could have paid for TV licences for the over 75s, but the public would rather blame Gary Lineker.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    They dont say how much mobile data it uses and cant find an answer. So installed it easy enough but uninstalled it when I couldnt get an answer to data usage.
    All the major phone networks have confirmed that the app runs without using up any of the users data allowance. Hopefully that will allow you to reinstall it. If we are ever going to beat the virus, this is an important part of the process, so I have installed it, as have all my family.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'd say the stupidity is rolling out something in a format that large numbers of those most at risk from the virus won't have access to.
    How stupid of them to invent something to help save lives where the technology to operate it is so modern that it needs more modern phone systems to operate it. Its like moaning that you have a thirty year old VHS video unit that you cant use any more or an old tv that cant get satellite. People don't have to have a brand new phone, iPhone 6s was released in 2015 and I got my iPhone 7 free from my daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    How stupid of them to invent something to help save lives where the technology to operate it is so modern that it needs more modern phone systems to operate it. Its like moaning that you have a thirty year old VHS video unit that you cant use any more or an old tv that cant get satellite. People don't have to have a brand new phone, iPhone 6s was released in 2015 and I got my iPhone 7 free from my daughter.
    Are you volunteering your daughter to get everyone an iPhone?

Its like moaning that you have a thirty year old VHS video unit that you cant use any more or an old tv that cant get satellite.
    It's not though is it? It's like moaning that a phone that's only 5 years old can't operate this app which is meant to be for everybody. Which is what it is. A full 25 years less time than your silly example.

Well bully for you, no stop thinking about yourself and take in the fact that many people living in areas where the virus is most virulent and deadly tend to either not have a modern mobile phone because they can't afford one or see it as low priority when measured against life's essentials or becaue they are of an age where they are unfamiliar with them because they simply do not own one.

I am doubtful whether test and trace or the ap is of much use when, of those contacted, only 11% have agreed to isolate. Test and trace and the ap require the public's cooperation and it seems that isn't happening. However, I have downloaded the ap and find it impressive.

All the major phone networks have confirmed that the app runs without using up any of the users data allowance. Hopefully that will allow you to reinstall it. If we are ever going to beat the virus, this is an important part of the process, so I have installed it, as have all my family.

I've downloaded it, despite having some reservations.

As you’ve brought up video recorders, anyone wanna buy a Betamax ?

As you’ve brought up video recorders, anyone wanna buy a Betamax ?
    have you had the heads cleaned recently

ya
    Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    have you had the heads cleaned recently
    In a word, NO

People wanna trust technology !!!!!

They can’t even get a live link to the Wales Coronavirus Update on BBC WALES