+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Callum Paterson to Sheffield Wednesday?

Re: Callum Paterson to Sheffield Wednesday?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    "I've been told today that a deal is close to being agreed between Sheffield Wednesday and Cardiff," Harris said of Paterson's move after the Reading loss.

"If he is (leaving) then we wish Pato all the best. If not then I look forward to seeing him on Monday."

He added: "I left Callum out of the squad today because I was informed that there might be an agreement between he clubs likely to happen.

"I am the manger of the football club and support the club in the decisions they make.

"It's not about me as an individual it's about me having options within the squad. Callum is one of our attacking players and we need to have strength in depth during the course of the season.

"I've talked about adding in that area of the pitch already and if Callum is moving on then we need to add to it."
    Just watched that interview on player looks to me that Harris had no say on Pats moving on.

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    What did you see in any of those players that sets them out better than Paterson?

Ojo is bloody awful - we wee told that before he came and its true
    Pack is an utter liability - hitting the ball crossfield 80 yards and slowing the game down every bloody time
    Vaulks is in and out
    Bacuna created absolutely nothing
    Glatzel - weak
    Tutu - unproven

He will do well at Wednesday - utterly stupid letting him go and keeping Ojo Pack and Murphy who are dogshite
    does he give more and unsettle teams yes.

would i start him ahead of any of them? no.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Just watched that interview on player looks to me that Harris had no say on Pats moving on.
    It seems like a bit of a strange move for Paterson considering that Wednesday are likely to be relegated and his contract with us runs until 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    It seems like a bit of a strange move for Paterson considering that Wednesday are likely to be relegated and his contract with us runs until 2022.
    at the same time the board have to consider how often he is used and value offered.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    at the same time the board have to consider how often he is used and value offered.
    I meant from the player's point of view.

If the board are going to be in charge of our in's and outs then we're fecked.

Patterson is a nice guy, but he’s not a (championship standard) striker, or full back. We now have 2 centre forwards, and 2 full backs ahead of him in the pecking order, so it makes sense for him to move on. Good luck to him.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    Patterson is a nice guy, but he’s not a (championship standard) striker, or full back. We now have 2 centre forwards, and 2 full backs ahead of him in the pecking order, so it makes sense for him to move on. Good luck to him.
    He allways gave 100%

If the board are going to be in charge of our in's and outs then we're fecked.
    Not really, if any of us owned the club im sure we would say to Harris we need to make cut backs, we need otyer positions, you hardly use Patterson and we have x offer.

its not a footballing question its comman sense.

Not really, if any of us owned the club im sure we would say to Harris we need to make cut backs, we need otyer positions, you hardly use Patterson and we have x offer.

But it sounds like Harris was not part of that conversation, he found out pretty much like the rest of us. So to undermine the manager is a recipe for disaster.

But it sounds like Harris was not part of that conversation, he found out pretty much like the rest of us. So to undermine the manager is a recipe for disaster.
    Not sure ive read that but they know the finances better than anyone. If we need to sell then so be it.

Managers have little say about transfers anyway, usually agents and players orchestrate any moves these days.

Managers have little say about transfers anyway, usually agents and players orchestrate any moves these days.
    I get that GB, but to operate like that you surly need a football man on your board otherwise you’re heading for trouble.

I wouldn’t have thought that Colin had little say about transfers in his time with us. Perhaps the club are over compensating in the light of their recent experience?

I get that GB, but to operate like that you surly need a football man on your board otherwise you’re heading for trouble.
    Maybe but you dont need to be a football man to know cut backs need tk be made and an offer has come in for someone hardly used.

All managers want more but thats not the climate we find ourself in.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    I wouldn’t have thought that Colin had little say about transfers in his time with us. Perhaps the club are over compensating in the light of their recent experience?
    The board probably now realise Colin has pulled their pants down the last few transfer windows and so now as a result of that Harris has nothing to spend.

You only have to look down West to see what a couple of seasons after relegation do to a club’s finances and they’ve been lucky enough to produce a few decent players to sell on for good money.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    You only have to look down West to see what a couple of seasons after relegation do to a club’s finances and they’ve been lucky enough to produce a few decent players to sell on for good money.
    Their wage bill was huge compared to ours having spent 7 seasons in the Premier League

500k for Paterson is a remarkably poor bit of business

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Why?

He isn’t a striker. He isn’t a full back. And he can’t get into our first team.

I’d say that is a reasonable fee.

Now if he can take Flint and Pack with him, it would be a great deal.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I suppose it also depends on what wages he is on

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    This makes perfect sense. As we evolve away from hoofball, we need players who can pass.
    This would free up some wages and with Etheridge and NML gone, we might be able to afford someone decent, like Knockaert perhaps?
    ‘Evolve away from hoofball’?

Lol. I wish.

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Callum Paterson is a far better player than Ojo, Pack, Vaulks, Bacuna, Glatzel and Tutu

Whoever is deciding this is an idiot
    I can’t comment on Ojo or Tutu but he really isn’t a better player than Vaulks or Bacuna.

He IS a big character and a force of nature that can be effective but he isn’t a better player than Vaulks or Bacuna.

(Most players are better than Pack)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Why?

He isn’t a striker. He isn’t a full back. And he can’t get into our first team.

I’d say that is a reasonable fee.

Now if he can take Flint and Pack with him, it would be a great deal.
    £500,000 for a 25 year old Scottish international with 2 years left on his deal is a poor piece of business. We won't get an equivalent player at that price. For reference, Gavin Whyte was a "steal" at £2m