+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wonder if teams will go down on the other knee today

Re: Wonder if teams will go down on the other knee today

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Yeah, I googled it. The boyfriend opened fire on the cops, after they had gained entry when nobody answered the door. Very sad that Taylor was killed in the crossfire.
    Did you read all of it?they just broke into the house they did not say police,he thought it was her x boyfriend.So why did they have to fire so many rounds indiscriminately into the house.And that is the only charge against the officers

Yeah, I googled it. The boyfriend opened fire on the cops, after they had gained entry when nobody answered the door. Very sad that Taylor was killed in the crossfire.
    I'm glad you looked it up. Yes boyfriend did nothing wrong under US Constitution. He was just defending his property. Let's hear it for poor Breonna.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Did you read all of it?they just broke into the house they did not say police,he thought it was her x boyfriend.So why did they have to fire so many rounds indiscriminately into the house.And that is the only charge against the officers
    AG Daniel Cameron said the knock & announce was corraborated by neighbours. Are we disputing the verdict of the official investigation?

AG Daniel Cameron said the knock & announce was corraborated by neighbours. Are we disputing the verdict of the official investigation?
    WB, i haven't followed this case, so have no opinion on it, i'll have to do some reading up. What does strike me as odd though, is that you seem to believe MS media and the authorities when it suits you to-correct me if i'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    WB, i haven't followed this case, so have no opinion on it, i'll have to do some reading up. What does strike me as odd though, is that you seem to believe MS media and the authorities when it suits you to-correct me if i'm wrong.
    What I am saying is somebody will have to pull the official investigation report and witness statements, etc, and after going through them point out where the Attorney General got it wrong. It's got nothing to do with the media or what I think. People are disputing the actual findings of the official investigation, so that is where their attention should be focussed.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    In sympathy for the police officer shot dead in Croydon yesterday?
    How do you cope on a day to day basis when you're so dense, light bends round you?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    How do you cope on a day to day basis when you're so dense, light bends round you?

Must admit, i’m a bit disappointed with the negative replies to my suggestion. Although Pedro de la Rosas witty comment gave old Eric a bit of a chuckle, so not all bad, and i felt particularly honoured that Delmox was awake and replying before the 3pm kick off time. After all, his usual Friday evening routine which consists of a few 5 knuckle shuffles and playing his xbox well into the early hrs must take it’s toll, so all the more impressive that he was up and tapping his “What about what about” reply so early in the day. Well done!
    Lets be fair though. It is a bit of a waste, footballers only using the one knee, when they all have 2 arms and 2 legs.
    It could become part of their pre match warm up routine.
    Down on one knee for BLM, then down on the other knee for fallen police officers world wide, then tap the left elbow for the millions who’ve died of starvation so far this yr, and tap the right elbow for Covid victims.
    They could get a bit of a Hokey cokey routine going, which would also be some entertainment for the kids watching. Win win if you ask me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    People being this stupid is why I don’t think getting involved in online debate is actually worth it.
    Why did you reply then?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Why did you reply then?
    He had to. It’s his nature.

Must admit, i’m a bit disappointed with the negative replies to my suggestion. Although Pedro de la Rosas witty comment gave old Eric a bit of a chuckle, so not all bad, and i felt particularly honoured that Delmox was awake and replying before the 3pm kick off time. After all, his usual Friday evening routine which consists of a few 5 knuckle shuffles and playing his xbox well into the early hrs must take it’s toll, so all the more impressive that he was up and tapping his “What about what about” reply so early in the day. Well done!
    Lets be fair though. It is a bit of a waste, footballers only using the one knee, when they all have 2 arms and 2 legs.
    Down on one knee for BLM, then down on the other knee for fallen police officers world wide, then tap the left elbow for the millions who’ve died of starvation so far this yr, and tap the right elbow for Covid victims.
    They could get a bit of a Hokey cokey routine going, which would also be some entertainment for the kids watching. Win win if you ask me!!
    You must have missed the thousands of minute silences held at football on a regular basis. Your argument is weak and just another attempt to stir up hatred towards a very much needed show of solidarity.

I feel like this was a lot better in your head than what it's actually ended up as

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I feel like this was a lot better in your head than what it's actually ended up as
    Still attracted your attention and a response though 👍

In sympathy for the police officer shot dead in Croydon yesterday?
    I get your point , trouble is the movement is no politicised itself in the UK .

I would not go down on my knee for anyone as one doesn't need to do that to show respect .

I have grown into having a lot of respect for police , fire , emergency workers ,all of him in their thousands per week are abused , assaulted,injured and killed , not much outgoing support seen other than the recent hand claps which less be fair were Covid driven , society problem is about populism subject matter such as BLM or Eco issues ,its like the brand new thing to follow , for me society doesn't broaden its views for other victims of the abuse , its not just the black community , people are anti fat , ginger , etc etc and lets not forget the recent anti antisemitism that didn't get the same reaction as BLM , perhaps they should have torn some statues down or rioted.

Still attracted your attention and a response though ��
    I worry slightly for you if that's what brings you satisfaction in life but no judgement here

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I worry slightly for you if that's what brings you satisfaction in life but no judgement here
    Phew! Thanks. I can get on with the rest of my day now.. You enjoy what's left of the weekend. 👍

Don’t give the club ideas, they will want to charge extra for the added entertainment ffs.

He had to. It’s his nature.
    Amen , its not the right reply , others stupidity is acceptable .

talking of respect for the police I was driving out of a road that is opposite a school the other day , its a nightmare , parents parking on double yellow lines to stop kids getting run over , just so they go and get their kids . As I was pulling out of the road a bloke pulled up right on the corner , right on the yellow lines , hopped out of his car and stuck on the hazards and ran across the road straight past a copper chatting to parents . I shouted over can you ticket that car , the driver is parked on yellows in a place he ain't allowed to , its been a problem here for years , so she walked over toward the car and I drove into town thinking at least one idiot will think again .

I am in town and this blokes walks past with his kid , I said mate have you just had a parking ticket ? He said no mate I know sian she's a friend of mine . I thought what a complete waste of time . The police ask us for respect and support and they let their mates off parking offences .

I drive home I am coming up to the school near my turning and this copper is walking down the road . I stop the car get out and say hello officer earlier on I pointed out to you a driver that pulled up and parked on double yellow lines in front of you , outside a school where there have been problems for years and there is supposed to be a zero tolerance policy. I have just bumped into the driver and he says you didn't ticket him as you knew each other . I expect you as a police officer to act when someone parks illegally outside a school , you were not busy , you were chatting .

She came out with a loads of cobblers . She said she wasn't a friend of his she just knew him and anway he was an emergency services worker ......he was a part time fireman . I said emergency services workers are rightly given priority shopping slots . They are not given the right to drop off their car , when are not working, outside a school on the hatched area which could lead to a child's death , just to pick up their kids .

She then started giving me some cobblers about discretion and educating drivers about dangerous parking and I said thats been going on for years , its a complete waste of time and you didn't do that anyway , you just let him off . I am not going to ask you for your number or put you through stress but you know and I know that if the next time this situation happens and a child is injured you will be culpable as you are not ticketing when the zero tolerance sign says drivers will be fined and more than that you are not fining people because you know them . Then I got in my car and went home .

The British Police , finest in the world

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I have never seen any 'good intentions' from the EDL.
    The only thing I have seen of the EDL was their backs as they got chased out of cardiff the last time they turned up

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    talking of respect for the police I was driving out of a road that is opposite a school the other day , its a nightmare , parents parking on double yellow lines to stop kids getting run over , just so they go and get their kids . As I was pulling out of the road a bloke pulled up right on the corner , right on the yellow lines , hopped out of his car and stuck on the hazards and ran across the road straight past a copper chatting to parents . I shouted over can you ticket that car , the driver is parked on yellows in a place he ain't allowed to , its been a problem here for years , so she walked over toward the car and I drove into town thinking at least one idiot will think again .

I am in town and this blokes walks past with his kid , I said mate have you just had a parking ticket ? He said no mate I know sian she's a friend of mine . I thought what a complete waste of time . The police ask us for respect and support and they let their mates off parking offences .

I drive home I am coming up to the school near my turning and this copper is walking down the road . I stop the car get out and say hello officer earlier on I pointed out to you a driver that pulled up and parked on double yellow lines in front of you , outside a school where there have been problems for years and there is supposed to be a zero tolerance policy. I have just bumped into the driver and he says you didn't ticket him as you knew each other . I expect you as a police officer to act when someone parks illegally outside a school , you were not busy , you were chatting .

She came out with a loads of cobblers . She said she wasn't a friend of his she just knew him and anway he was an emergency services worker ......he was a part time fireman . I said emergency services workers are rightly given priority shopping slots . They are not given the right to drop off their car , when are not working, outside a school on the hatched area which could lead to a child's death , just to pick up their kids .

She then started giving me some cobblers about discretion and educating drivers about dangerous parking and I said thats been going on for years , its a complete waste of time and you didn't do that anyway , you just let him off . I am not going to ask you for your number or put you through stress but you know and I know that if the next time this situation happens and a child is injured you will be culpable as you are not ticketing when the zero tolerance sign says drivers will be fined and more than that you are not fining people because you know them . Then I got in my car and went home .

Was she a sort?

What would the music choice be to do this " all inclusive dance " ? ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

Pinnochio would have been proud of that whopper.

Im a reeeeeal boy.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Pinnochio would have been proud of that whopper.

Im a reeeeeal boy.
    if you think I am lying phone up south wales police , ask who the pcso is for y bont faen Broadway area is ....her first names sian , get her number , phone her up and ask her if she was asked to report a car parked illegally outside the school recently , she will say yes , which will be true up to that point and confirm I am giving you the right lead , if she tells you anything else after that take it with a pinch of salt

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Was she a sort?
    I approached her as a police officer and she told fibs , she could have been ingrid Pitt in her prime and it wouldn't have mattered