+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: IS TOMLIN TAKING THE PISS ? (Someone had to ask)

IS TOMLIN TAKING THE PISS ? (Someone had to ask)

Just wondering why no one seems to have mentioned the possibility.

Re: IS TOMLIN TAKING THE PISS ? (Someone had to ask)

No.

Explain yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    No.

Explain yourself.
    Hilts, Maybe I should have said lazy. Dont get me wrong my friend I rate him highly but you cant be pro Footballer just when you feel like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad as a fish View Post
    Hilts, Maybe I should have said lazy. Dont get me wrong my friend I rate him highly but you cant be pro Footballer just when you feel like it.
    Hes just come back after doing his hamstring. Hes not fit.

Ideally 5 or 6 need moving on so we have back up.for Tomlin.

You most certainly can. Players can get a ten year career out of having potential. Look at that bloke we had on loan, Ravel Morrison? Complete waste of space but probably a millionaire because he had 5 good games when he was 19. Remember JET? he was foobar, but got a decade out of it due to his links with Arsenal. I dpn't think that Tomlin is lazy, he lacks stamina, although that's not really his game. He has been a number 1 waster though, it does make you wonder what he would have been like if he had lived a bit better,

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    You most certainly can. Players can get a ten year career out of having potential. Look at that bloke we had on loan, Ravel Morrison? Complete waste of space but probably a millionaire because he had 5 good games when he was 19. Remember JET? he was foobar, but got a decade out of it due to his links with Arsenal. I dpn't think that Tomlin is lazy, he lacks stamina, although that's not really his game. He has been a number 1 waster though, it does make you wonder what he would have been like if he had lived a bit better,
    Yeah but we can only deal with now. Tomlin has been a different player since Harris arrived. Hes not taking the piss. Maybe his history has caught up with him.

Therefore we need a replacement.

Glatzel Pack Flint Whyte Bamba all could play bit part roles but all really need moving on.

If we can get some out then maybe we can bring some in.

Id actually give frees or loans for all the above and try and get fees for Cunningham and Patterson if Harris doesnt want them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Yeah but we can only deal with now. Tomlin has been a different player since Harris arrived. Hes not taking the piss. Maybe his history has caught up with him.

Therefore we need a replacement.

Glatzel Pack Flint Whyte Bamba all could play bit part roles but all really need moving on.

If we can get some out then maybe we can bring some in.

Id actually give frees or loans for all the above and try and get fees for Cunningham and Patterson if Harris doesnt want them.
    I agree with you, as games go by though, i'm starting to lose a bit of confidence in Harris and his ability to bring in what we need, or indeed how we are going to play or set up.

Just wondering why no one seems to have mentioned the possibility.
    No but he's an average Championship level footballer and no more.

He's got all the skill to play at a higher level but lacks the other parts to the game that allows him to push on.

People can view him as a top end Championship player if they are willing to overlook his shortcomings.

Tomlin's attitude was first rate when playing seventy minutes for the Under 23s on Tuesday - speaking as someone who wondered about his approach when we signed him, I think he's been excellent in that respect in the last year or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post

He's got all the skill to play at a higher level but lacks the other parts to the game that allows him to push on.

People can view him as a top end Championship player if they are willing to overlook his shortcomings.
    Do you think he was "an average Championship level footballer and no more" last season?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post

daft