+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Are Any Post 80s City Prorgammes Worth A Decent Amount

Are Any Post 80s City Prorgammes Worth A Decent Amount

Got hundreds of them, chuck or sell ?

Re: Are Any Post 80s City Prorgammes Worth A Decent Amount

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    Got hundreds of them, chuck or sell ?
    200 plus views, looks like the green bags it is then.

I don't even know where mine are. Got loads of 80s City programs and a few 70s. Got a couple of FA Cup Final programs too. 1974 and 1983.

Got loads from 1991 to 2015

I’ve got 2 massive boxes in the loft full of programmes from the mid 70’s to mid 80’s when I suddenly realised I didn’t need to have a program from every home game I went to. I then only bought programmes sporadically, including the play off and cup final ones. In the boxes are also old newspapers ( including the last pink football echo from 1986), a load of old Cardiff fanzines and things like esso and shell coin collections and Panini sticker albums from past world cups.

All of these are my “treasures”. I suspect my kids will dump the lot when I die

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    I’ve got 2 massive boxes in the loft full of programmes from the mid 70’s to mid 80’s when I suddenly realised I didn’t need to have a program from every home game I went to. I then only bought programmes sporadically, including the play off and cup final ones. In the boxes are also old newspapers ( including the last pink football echo from 1986), a load of old Cardiff fanzines and things like esso and shell coin collections and Panini sticker albums from past world cups.

All of these are my “treasures”. I suspect my kids will dump the lot when I die
    That is how i feel

Got every home programme since the new stadium opened, except this seasons.
    I doubt they're worth anything near the £3 each I paid for most of them.

I bought two collections recently for not much. So I now have about 4000 spares! To be fair some may be worth a few quid but most are very common, same for the 1970s and late 1960s. Due to Ebay even mid 1950s onwards are now not worth much except for a few away games and some Welsh Cup ones. Keep them as a memento and after your days they may well get dumped.

[QUOTE=cardiff55;5121115]I bought two collections recently for not much. So I now have about 4000 spares! To be fair some may be worth a few quid but most are very common, same for the 1970s and late 1960s. Due to Ebay even mid 1950s onwards are now not worth much except for a few away games and some Welsh Cup ones. Keep them as a memento and after your days they may well get dumped

I have the programme from our 16-0 thrashing of Knighton Town in The Welsh Cup in the early 60s, those were the days my friends!

Quote Originally Posted by Fatty Foggon View Post
    Is that you Matt? You've taken the name of one of my idols. We signed him from Newcastle for £20k and sold him a year later to Middlesbrough for £10k. In the meantime he did not a lot, but did get sent off in his last game for us I think. He was fat and slow, a pale shadow of the player who helped win the Fairs Cup for Newcastle 2 years earlier. He did well at Boro though under Charlton, top scorer for 2 seasons.

I went to see a reserve game once, I was 15 and it was half-term. He played, and by the time we'd walked halfway down Tudor Road on our way back to the station a white Rover 2000 screamed to a halt and a fat bloke ran out and in to the bookies. It was Foggon. It must have been about 7 minutes after the game ended. I did like him though.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Is that you Matt? You've taken the name of one of my idols. We signed him from Newcastle for £20k and sold him a year later to Middlesbrough for £10k. In the meantime he did not a lot, but did get sent off in his last game for us I think. He was fat and slow, a pale shadow of the player who helped win the Fairs Cup for Newcastle 2 years earlier. He did well at Boro though under Charlton, top scorer for 2 seasons.

I went to see a reserve game once, I was 15 and it was half-term. He played, and by the time we'd walked halfway down Tudor Road on our way back to the station a white Rover 2000 screamed to a halt and a fat bloke ran out and in to the bookies. It was Foggon. It must have been about 7 minutes after the game ended. I did like him though.
    No mate. The best game I think he had for the city was v the hammers in the league cup on Sept 8th 1971.
    https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...fairs-18015550

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post

No my username is very boring Tony. That is my site though