+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greg Cunningham

Greg Cunningham

Thoughts on him today? He's been out for a while but put a few tackles in, unlike Bennett

Re: Greg Cunningham

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    Thoughts on him today? He's been out for a while but put a few tackles in, unlike Bennett
    That's unfair. I think Bennett is one of the better fullbacks in this league.

I thought Cunningham was no better or worse than any of the starting 11 today though.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    That's unfair. I think Bennett is one of the better fullbacks in this league.

I thought Cunningham was no better or worse than any of the starting 11 today though.
    I think Bennett's a massively overrated show-pony and not very good at his primary roles of both tackling and defending.

I think Bennett's a massively overrated show-pony and not very good at his primary roles of both tackling and defending.
    Nay.

Utter drivel

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Utter drivel
    We're all entitled to an opinion on this board, which is why I like it, I've been watching city for 50 years. Many fans I've met share my views on Bennett 👍

Thought he was average

Don’t think Bennett is any worse.

It does seem more and more teams going 3 at the back which wouldn’t suit any of our fullbacks in my opinion

We're all entitled to an opinion on this board, which is why I like it, I've been watching city for 50 years. Many fans I've met share my views on Bennett 👍
    If Bennett is the worst player in your side at this level, you've got a good side. The problem is, he isn't.

I for one was hoping Cunningham had a stormer... Bennett’s a weak link

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Utter drivel
    I agree. Bennett is a lightweight

Bennett standing off the attacker and "harrying" does my swede in,just like Andrew Taylor used to

Bennett standing off the attacker and "harrying" does my swede in,just like Andrew Taylor used to
    Well its a good job Osei-Tutu doesn't do that then.

The days of full backs diving in with challenges are long gone.

I just want him not to back off and to try tackling though.....

Desmond can be sent back as far as I'm concerned 🤣

Had a massive wobble at the end of the 1st half with a shit pass and a miss control. Was punctured by about 60 and Reading knew it so no threat of an overlap or pushing on. I think its the first time ive seen him play for city so i'll hold my judgement.

As for Bennett, Danny Gabbidon talked about it many times on EJFOF podcast how Warnock would have him do a man marking job and follow his man in field. He's a solid player with energy and i understand he's not Roberto Carlos that people expect but he is no way as bad as people make out. But to be fair our fans wouldn't be missed placed in the Santiago Bernabéu booing Ronaldo.

Do i honestly watch a different game to most people?

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Had a massive wobble at the end of the 1st half with a shit pass and a miss control. Was punctured by about 60 and Reading knew it so no threat of an overlap or pushing on. I think its the first time ive seen him play for city so i'll hold my judgement.

As for Bennett, Danny Gabbidon talked about it many times on EJFOF podcast how Warnock would have him do a man marking job and follow his man in field. He's a solid player with energy and i understand he's not Roberto Carlos that people expect but he is no way as bad as people make out. But to be fair our fans wouldn't be missed placed in the Santiago Bernabéu booing Ronaldo.

Do i honestly watch a different game to most people?
    Yes 🤣

Yes ��
    I'm as disappointed as the next man we aren't brazil every week

I'm not a Bennett fan, and yes, his constant standing off, turning his back on a player and allowing the player to get into the box is frustrating.

Agree

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Agree
    I also agree - Bennett is a weak link.

As a first game back very good especially his first twenty minutes,as did the rest of the team , as the game went on the whole side dropped in performance , which effected Cunningham.

With Cunningham and Bennett we have two very decent full backs at this level .

On another matter a player who is disliked by some (Pack ) had a decent game in my humble view .

He did alright, still getting up to match fitness. I like Bennett though and actually think by most of our fans he is underrated, he's not as solid defensively as say pelts was or as flashy going forward as others but in this league he provides a decent balance between the two.

Without him today we still conceded 2 goals. So that's now 3 at Northampton, 2 in each of the home games. All ifs and buts but I wouldn't have begrudged forest scoring at least a couple last week with the opportunities they did have. Bit worrying when we also have no creativity without Tomlin.

I thought he started well. Faded a little bit after that. But still did his job.

I don't know what people expect from Bennett. I think he's an above average Championship defender and one of the better attacking defenders in the division. Of course, he's no Trent Alexander-Arnold, if he was he wouldn't playing for us.

Both are pretty average in my opinion. Though Cunningham's appearance might be a sign that Harris is tiring of Bennett's mistakes.