+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The importance of Tomlin

The importance of Tomlin

Today saw his 11th goal for us. It was the first time that he's scored for us but we've still lost. Of his previous 10 goals, 5 were the winning goal when the game was drawn at the time and 4 were the equaliser that got us a point. His other goal brought us back into the game at Leeds. Tomlin has yet to score a goal in the first half for us. He's only scored one goal before the hour mark but 5 in the last quarter of an hour.

Since our return from lockdown, we have scored a goal every 46 minutes Tomlin has been on the pitch and every 89 minutes when he's not been on the pitch. Similarly we've had a shot on goal every 7.36 minutes Tomlin has played and every 10 minutes when he's not played. 16% of attempts overall have result in a goal when he's been on the field, 11% when he's not been on the pitch.

Re: The importance of Tomlin

we will be in big trouble without him. Not sure of tactcis other than keep it tight and hope Tomlin comes on and do something.

My lad and I groaned when he came on today. We knew he would score and he bloody well did. You looked a much better side with him on the pitch. Pleased he didn’t come on earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    My lad and I groaned when he came on today. We knew he would score and he bloody well did. You looked a much better side with him on the pitch. Pleased he didn’t come on earlier.
    Well said,so true.