+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harris' comments post Reading

Harris' comments post Reading

"It's another game where we're the better team and created the better chances".

I said the manner of the performance was worrying but not as worrying as our manager not being able to see how bad it was.

Re: Harris' comments post Reading

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post

I said the manner of the performance was worrying but not as worrying as our manager not being able to see how bad it was.
    I worry that an average manager in Gary Rowett improved Harris' Millwall team.

What chances did we have?

I was watching although my attention did drift as it was very dull at times but I can't really pinpoint much that constituted a chance other than Tomlin managing to squeeze in the goal. I honestly don't think we deserved that on the balance of things.

I was watching although my attention did drift as it was very dull at times but I can't really pinpoint much that constituted a chance other than Tomlin managing to squeeze in the goal. I honestly don't think we deserved that on the balance of things.
    Harris is doing a Trollope. He's trying to get an average squad playing a passing game. We always look more dangerous when we play more direct. I understand that. The players are used to it. Warnock worked out how best we could play and won us promotion.

We don't have the ability in the side to be a passing side. Whether there's been a memo from on high that we need to move from a long ball game, I don't know, but our players aren't equipped to be a passing side like Swansea. Now we're not playing to our strengths, but to ways that don't suit us at home. We look less penetrating than Sludge.

You had a shot that whistled past the far post. It was a whisker away. Rafael made a cracking save with his legs from a shot that took a heavy deflection and Rafael parried a shot away so you did have chances but I thought we deserved the win and disagreed with Harris.
    This was a very good performance from us today and a bloody good win. I still think Cardiff will be there or thereabouts but I’m not convinced by Harris at all.

People question why I post on here which does pee off a bit. I’m half Welsh and proud of it. I do not come in here to troll and wish Cardiff all the best against all other clubs in this division apart obviously against Reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    You had a shot that whistled past the far post. It was a whisker away. Rafael made a cracking save with his legs from a shot that took a heavy deflection and Rafael parried a shot away so you did have chances but I thought we deserved the win and disagreed with Harris.
    This was a very good performance from us today and a bloody good win. I still think Cardiff will be there or thereabouts but I’m not convinced by Harris at all.

People question why I post on here which does pee off a bit. I’m half Welsh and proud of it. I do not come in here to troll and wish Cardiff all the best against all other clubs in this division apart obviously against Reading.
    Never found you a troll at all and most on here appreciate that.
    Good poster with an honest opinion IMO.

Keep posting and enjoy being top of the league... while it lasts

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Never found you a troll at all and most on here appreciate that.
    Good poster with an honest opinion IMO.

Keep posting and enjoy being top of the league... while it lasts
    Cheers Mac. Unfortunately if Joao is out for any length of time our stay at the top of the table will be brief but after three seasons of struggle it’s good to be off to a flier.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Harris is doing a Trollope. He's trying to get an average squad playing a passing game. We always look more dangerous when we play more direct. I understand that. The players are used to it. Warnock worked out how best we could play and won us promotion.

We don't have the ability in the side to be a passing side. Whether there's been a memo from on high that we need to move from a long ball game, I don't know, but our players aren't equipped to be a passing side like Swansea. Now we're not playing to our strengths, but to ways that don't suit us at home. We look less penetrating than Sludge.
    Really, was it Warnock looking at the squad and thinking that, or was it the previous 30 years MO of his style?

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post

Fair enough.

We need a couple more signings because this team won't get the job done. Relying on Ojo week in week out? He's a bench option at most. Can only play him on days where he gives a ****.

I'm more worried about his comments regarding Patto. All does not seem right at the Cardiff City Stadium. I fear he's fighting a battle with the rest of the league and the powers that be at the club.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    I'm more worried about his comments regarding Patto. All does not seem right at the Cardiff City Stadium. I fear he's fighting a battle with the rest of the league and the powers that be at the club.
    I think you’re correct about the powers that be at the club I.e. Vincent Tan. Like all clubs we have no match day income, We have 7000 fewer season ticket holders. I suspect the post Colin wage bill might be somewhat bloated. The VT business empire may be suffering in the current situation and he may be less willing to prop up the club as he has in the past. In Feb 2016 he promised to make us debt free in 5 years by converting his debt to equity. He has gone a long way towards doing that but, to my knowledge, it is not complete. If he’s to complete that promise by next February perhaps strengthening the team from his own pocket is a non starter hence the sake of Paterson. Just as well we’ve got a parachute payment. I hesitate to think what will happen next year when we don’t have one.

Very worrying.

Think his comments are a message to those at the club doing business behind his back too.

I think it's rather ironic. Under Warnock City looked like a team that couldn't pass the ball as well as most of the teams in the Championship but won games using rather crude methods. Now City have become like many of the other teams in that they pass the ball around better but to little effect.

i cant listen to him, everything he says sounds like its from a book of football managers clichés. Literally no personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    I think you’re correct about the powers that be at the club I.e. Vincent Tan. Like all clubs we have no match day income, We have 7000 fewer season ticket holders. I suspect the post Colin wage bill might be somewhat bloated. The VT business empire may be suffering in the current situation and he may be less willing to prop up the club as he has in the past. In Feb 2016 he promised to make us debt free in 5 years by converting his debt to equity. He has gone a long way towards doing that but, to my knowledge, it is not complete. If he’s to complete that promise by next February perhaps strengthening the team from his own pocket is a non starter hence the sake of Paterson. Just as well we’ve got a parachute payment. I hesitate to think what will happen next year when we don’t have one.
    It was reported in the Daily Telegraph recently that Cardiffs match day income last season represented 9.96% of total income

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    It was reported in the Daily Telegraph recently that Cardiffs match day income last season represented 9.96% of total income

So nothing to worry about then ?

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Really, was it Warnock looking at the squad and thinking that, or was it the previous 30 years MO of his style?
    When he came to the club we were all saying that we didn't have the midfield to be a passing side, we needed width and pace and a leader at the back. A new striker would have been good too. Trollope didn't seem to notice all of this. Hoilett and Bamba transformed the side. We stopped thinking we could play like Barcelona.

I would agree that Warnock brought his style, but I don't believe he implemented it without thought. He wouldn't go to a tippy tappy club like Swansea and turn them into a long ball side.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Yes, a point well made. The longer this crisis continues the more uncertain our future becomes

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    When he came to the club we were all saying that we didn't have the midfield to be a passing side, we needed width and pace and a leader at the back. A new striker would have been good too. Trollope didn't seem to notice all of this. Hoilett and Bamba transformed the side. We stopped thinking we could play like Barcelona.

I would agree that Warnock brought his style, but I don't believe he implemented it without thought. He wouldn't go to a tippy tappy club like Swansea and turn them into a long ball side.

I didnt see Boro game but looking at Sky Sports they seemed to start with 5 at the back and two upfront which would never happen here under him.

Wow. That is worrying. Chances? WTF is he talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Does that include merchandising , food and drink sold on the day ,lottery cards programs or just peer gate receipt , it its 9.6% we just cut the wage bill by that , bingo .

I wouldn't worry too much about the Paterson situation. I think NH was just trying to deflect. He's never going to come out and say "I think Patto is shit, but I have to get him out before I can bring a replacement in".

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I didnt see Boro game but looking at Sky Sports they seemed to start with 5 at the back and two upfront which would never happen here under him.
    We played with 5 at the back and 2 up front a few times under Warnock... With mixed results.

It's easy - you buy a good striker, and you get the ball to him, either in the air or on the floor. We just don't do it, it's as simple as that.