+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Women's bloody football BBC site

Re: Women's bloody football BBC site

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    hey don't interrupt him when he's trying to tell you how hard things are for him because things aren't always e.x.a.c.t.l.y how he wants them
    Haha apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    I think you mean 'misogyny' and 'misogynist' don't you?
    I mean misogamy. Can't vouch for the others

I find women’s football dreadful to watch and personally I don’t think I will ever pay to see a game, but two things wrong with what you’ve said.

The beeb is there specifically for a broad spectrum and promoting unpopular things. Hence why the beeb has BBC4 full of arts even though it’s not totally popular, a welsh medium channel and thousands of other examples of fringe stuff. You may not like everything the Beeb does but it promotes pretty much everything and that’s why I love it. This includes women’s football that you don’t have to look at.

Secondly, women’s football is one of the biggest growing sports in the world. 20-30 years time it’ll be a different game to what it is now. Just have to embrace it unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I find women’s football dreadful to watch and personally I don’t think I will ever pay to see a game, but two things wrong with what you’ve said.

The beeb is there specifically for a broad spectrum and promoting unpopular things. Hence why the beeb has BBC4 full of arts even though it’s not totally popular, a welsh medium channel and thousands of other examples of fringe stuff. You may not like everything the Beeb does but it promotes pretty much everything and that’s why I love it. This includes women’s football that you don’t have to look at.

Secondly, women’s football is one of the biggest growing sports in the world. 20-30 years time it’ll be a different game to what it is now. Just have to embrace it unfortunately.
    I get where the OP is coming from but my frustration is that it's not clearly marked as womens football.

I know someone else posted that they accompany the headline with a pic of women playing but that's not always the case.

Yes I understand that it's only 10 seconds of my life lost by instantly clicking back but am more frustrated at the BBC website than womens football.

EDIT: just went on the site and things are now clearly marked as womens football. Over the past few weeks they weren't and the WPL was marked as Premier League.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I mean misogamy. Can't vouch for the others
    Fair enough

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I see that this week, two members of the USWNT, Tobin Heath and Alex Morgan have signed for Man Utd and Spurs respectively.

I wonder how much they're on.
    Once a month usually....