+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tan looking to get out?

Tan looking to get out?

Anyone else think that more so than ever, Tan would sell the club?

Re: Tan looking to get out?

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Without a shadow of a doubt. He's gone further than he was ever prepared to go with the club and I think he's got other projects he wants to devote his time and money to. I wouldn't mind that Jeff Bezos bloke myself.

Not the right time to be buying a football club, unless it's really cheap. And without any debts, perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Not the right time to be buying a football club, unless it's really cheap. And without any debts, perhaps.
    If Wrexham can attract buyers, so can we.
    There are people out there who are immune to recessions and can stand a year without significant income coming into the club. Not sure Tan is in that position.

There are people out there who are immune to recessions and can stand a year without significant income coming into the club. Not sure Tan is in that position.
    We'd cost a lot more than Wrexham

We'd cost 100m, with the debt and you'd need double that to fund it. Wrexham will cost 2m.

There is next to no chance of a sale in the foreseeable future.

I think Tan will still be our owner in 5 years.

We can not be in that bad shape financially? We spent the least of the promoted clubs under Warnock, with one of the lowest wage bills. We have parachute payments coming in, have made some good sales (8mill for zohore being one) , got rid of lots of high earners.

I hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    We can not be in that bad shape financially? We spent the least of the promoted clubs under Warnock, with one of the lowest wage bills. We have parachute payments coming in, have made some good sales (8mill for zohore being one) , got rid of lots of high earners.
    Let’s not forget we may still have to pay nearly £15m for Sala

I have read nothing that would lead me to conclude that Tan wants out.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I have read nothing that would lead me to conclude that Tan wants out.
    Apart from the fact that VT has stated that the club is for sale and that, allegedly, has turned down 2 offers.

Without Tan the club would be toast.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I agree with you.
    Clearly though Harris cannot buy before he sells. Just speculating that Tan is pulling the purse strings very tight at the moment

its said all the time and I don't see any shift really. it was obvious that cutbacks were needed with no fans. We still spent 2m on a striker.

Harris keeps saying about brining the youth through so nows his chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Apart from the fact that VT has stated that the club is for sale and that, allegedly, has turned down 2 offers.
    Fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I hope so.
    Hope so? You were probably one of Sam Hammams arselickers who watched him take our club to the brink but loved him and his ice creams so didn't care.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Hope so? You were probably one of Sam Hammams arselickers who watched him take our club to the brink but loved him and his ice creams so didn't care.
    It's not like Tan can just sell to anyone. I wouldn't mind if he left as long as his replacement had deep pockets. If you put a list of pros and cons against Tan's name, money would be about the only positive I can think of. I always thought Hammam was a tool. "We are sheepshaggers" .

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    It's not like Tan can just sell to anyone. I wouldn't mind if he left as long as his replacement had deep pockets. If you put a list of pros and cons against Tan's name, money would be about the only positive I can think of. I always thought Hammam was a tool. "We are sheepshaggers" .
    doing some research for a business idea some years ago I discovered that Hamman actually tried to trademark the term sheepshaggers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Don't be so doom and gloom; there's plenty more fish in the sea

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Don't be so doom and gloom; there's plenty more fish in the sea
    How many Billionaires do you know who want to buy a football club that loses millions?

why?

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    How many Billionaires do you know who want to buy a football club that loses millions?
    None personally, billionaires I mean, but one lives in hope

Tan has been in this for the long haul. He’s owned the club for a long while. So I would be surprised if he would want to get out at this stage. He may be feeling the pinch with the pandemic so finances might be tight.

Didn’t the club produce a glossy sales brochure a few years ago, and then also deny Tan was looking to sell?