+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tan looking to get out?

Re: Tan looking to get out?

Overall he’s been a good owner.
    It’s a business like any other to him and in the current climate for a business point of view it makes sense to cut as much costs as you can. Doesn’t mean he wants to sell. If I was in his shoes I’d be happy keeping costs as low as possible, as long as staying in the championship, and riding it out

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    Didn’t the club produce a glossy sales brochure a few years ago, and then also deny Tan was looking to sell?
    Some finance guy on the Guardian podcast the other week said as many as 80% of all football clubs in the UK are for sale.

Here's our very own Mehmet Dalman
    'Half of Championship clubs up for sale', says Cardiff's ...

https://www.sportspromedia.com/news/...premier-league

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    doing some research for a business idea some years ago I discovered that Hamman actually tried to trademark the term sheepshaggers.
    Yes, I can imagine that particular term being a real moneyspinner in the club shop....

I assume Tan bought the club from day one as a business and not a love for football; and so the business has been up for sale ever since for the right price.

He's used it to his advantage for advertising and it probably hasn't worked out as an investment as he'd hoped. I would assume if it ever become prudent to sell, he would

In order to sell there has to be someone who wants to buy, and I just dont think theres enough buyers out there at the moment to think the club will change hands.
    Tan would want to sell and I just don't think he'd want to at the moment anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    In order to sell there has to be someone who wants to buy, and I just dont think theres enough buyers out there at the moment to think the club will change hands.
    Tan would want to sell and I just don't think he'd want to at the moment anyway.
    Who would want to buy a sports and entertainment company at the moment? Totally agree regarding first point. Wrexham is a completely different bag, the wages, debt servicing and other overheads are a completely different level to Wrexham.

Even then, are we the best club to buy at the moment?

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

There’s a considerable difference between having a brochure which details the Clubs business (which most businesses have as a matter of course) and having a For Sale sign outside the front door.

I’m not saying that he wouldn’t sell if the right offer came along but in these difficult times it doesn’t make much sense for VT to sell the Club for a number of reasons the least of which is that we have no insights into what VT wants to do with things that are not necessarily football related.

He will also want to take advantage of the tax benefits of having a loss making part of his business interests ( see Trumps lawyers most recent arguments about his business paying a very small amount of federal tax for example)

Personally I think VT has been a very good owner and we should all be grateful for what he has done for us (the club) notwithstanding some of the earlier cultural clashes.

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    There’s a considerable difference between having a brochure which details the Clubs business (which most businesses have as a matter of course) and having a For Sale sign outside the front door.

I’m not saying that he wouldn’t sell if the right offer came along but in these difficult times it doesn’t make much sense for VT to sell the Club for a number of reasons the least of which is that we have no insights into what VT wants to do with things that are not necessarily football related.

He will also want to take advantage of the tax benefits of having a loss making part of his business interests ( see Trumps lawyers most recent arguments about his business paying a very small amount of federal tax for example)

Personally I think VT has been a very good owner and we should all be grateful for what he has done for us (the club) notwithstanding some of the earlier cultural clashes.
    Thoughts on Mehmet saying (back in May) that half the clubs are for sale in the division even if they don't have a for sale sign on the door?

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post

Agreed. Now is also not a good time to sell unless you’re desperate for the cash.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Thoughts on Mehmet saying (back in May) that half the clubs are for sale in the division even if they don't have a for sale sign on the door?
    Half the clubs? Most probably every club if the offer was right, certainly every player is dispensable for the same reason.