+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Even our women's team is useless

Re: Even our women's team is useless

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    You watched a women's football game for a "couple of minutes", watched so closely you didn't realise which colour Wales were playing in so you first thought it was a Norwegian error and now have brought up that moment in two separate threads, though admittedly the first time was just commenting on the game. This time however was in response to me talking about the quality, and sometimes lack of it, in the women's game.

How would you like me to read it?
    I referred to an isolated incident and didn't suggest for one minute that it characterised the women's game in general. The fact that I only watched a couple of minutes of the game also made clear that I was in no position to make any sort of generalisation. I think you are on the wrong horse here....

I see that goal was described as world class on the BBC when it literally ends up in the middle of the goal

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    I see that goal was described as world class on the BBC when it literally ends up in the middle of the goal
    It was a good goal, and the assist was class.

Maybe you have to have a different set of expectations of what is world class when watching the womens game - but that doesn't have to detract from the entertainment.

Serena Williams serves at 170 km/h - which is world class in the womens game.
    THe fct that it woudn't be that impressive in the mens game is neither here nor there when you're watching womens tennis. The matches can be just as exciting as the mens.

Pete sampras served at about 220 km/h - that doesn't mean his games were automatically more entertaining than any of the womens games.

If Cardiff score an exact replica of that goal on the weekend then everyone on here would be creaming themsolves over it.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Women’s football would be better if they made the goals smaller. Usually any thing struck over 6ft but below 8ft is a goal. Women keepers just don’t have the physical stature for regulation sized goals. It’s not a slight. Like the play 3 sets in tennis they should makes the goals smaller. They’ll have a better game.
    Yes. Take a look at the Norway goal against Wales. Commentators waxing lyrical but our goalkeeper was what you would expect at junior school level

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Yes. Take a look at the Norway goal against Wales. Commentators waxing lyrical but our goalkeeper was what you would expect at junior school level
    Didn't she do something similar in the last minute of another qualifier a while back?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    If we scored a goal as good as that on Sunday then it'd be talked about for years

A Rabona from that distance is something in itself but the vision and execution is another level. That lady is good!

Not many people have the confidence in themselves to risk pulling that off except perhaps the likes of Ronaldo, Ibrahimaovic or Pogba.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    A Rabona from that distance is something in itself but the vision and execution is another level. That lady is good!

Not many people have the confidence in themselves to risk pulling that off except perhaps the likes of Ronaldo, Ibrahimaovic or Pogba.
    Yes I don't think Ibrahimovic lacks the confidence

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Didn't she do something similar in the last minute of another qualifier a while back?
    You are becoming fixated

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Yes I don't think Ibrahimovic lacks the confidence
    Haha not likely!

Here's one though, perhaps she did it knowing that the standard of women's goalkeeping ain't great!

I know, I know... I know what some might be thinking that I am women's football bashing but I think most would agree that the average height of a woman goalkeeper is a lot less than a man. With the the posts being the same size for both codes, there has to be a better chance of pulling that off, even if they have similar abilities.

Not taking anything away from the lady in question mind, just a brilliant goal.

Why didn't she hit it left footed? I think hitting hit with your weaker foot is definitely easier than poncing around trying to Rabona it. Just proves to me generally how one footed a player is.