Re: Supermarket trolley lunatics

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I agree

The white once the yolk is burst serves no purpose

Its like a submarine without any torpedoes

A gun without a bullet

A man without a cock

Its a useless bit of white rubber to be flushed down the toilet
    I agree so don't buy large eggs buy medium. The yolk size is the same, you just get more white in a larger egg

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Flip them over. Eggs over easy. Soft, runny yolk with the white cooked through. Hard yolk fried eggs are just sad. What a terrible waste.
    indeed eggs over easy, though over medium is acceptable, if i had my way it would be somewhere between easy and medium

International

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    What if you're just over half way up Leckwith Hill say, .by that house on the left that overlooks the City ground and are suddenly bursting for a shit? It can easily happen.

Can you flick your tab out the window, do it up tight, turn the radio up to distract yourself, and drive on to the Tuck In cafe in Dinas Powys ? Or do you now have to do a U turn in that parking area on the left, just over the brow of the hill but before the old council houses on the right, and coast back down to the Black and White cafe in Grange?

Or isn't the legislation that specific. I can't imagine a details guy like Drakeford overlooking this eventuality.
    You drive to the Bristol side of the Bridge, obviously!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    I agree so don't buy large eggs buy medium. The yolk size is the same, you just get more white in a larger egg
    Vital information

I shall inform my local cafe

I wont be pushed around

you can tell its panic time

Apart from making chicken or beef and vegetable stews that I eat with a big bowl and bread roll and lump of cheese in a soup kind of style my life is too busy to be messing about buying veg , preparing it and boiling it

I buy frozen mixed veg , carrots , peas , sprouts or tinned stuff. Bung it in the oven , microwave , shove it on your plate . Sorted .

But no chance these days . We have a waitrose where I live but I cant stand places like that , tescos at a push but prefer the Co op up the road or the local independent supermarket chain filco.

I shop there often and did so before the virus . Its a bit more pricey but its got most things I need . The staff are lovely . I often talk metal to one of the check out girls who likes sabbath and covered in ink .

I do my run and always pick up the frozen mixed veg , frozen carrots , sprouts , frozen peas . And then head round the next aisle for tins of peas and carrots etc .

But I had no chance today . People who only ever the place when its snowing or the world is ending were pushing round trolleys of frozen veg , tinned food and bog roll till their trolley was overflowing .They could barely see in front of them . At high speed .

Don't get in the way of these mad people . It would be like being hit by the cardiff to London Paddington service .

The end of the world is nigh
    Chill, live and let live, if some people want to stockpile food it's up to them, look on the brightside, maybe they won't be there next week!

Flip them over. Eggs over easy. Soft, runny yolk with the white cooked through. Hard yolk fried eggs are just sad. What a terrible waste.
    its a lack of attention to detail

Its why this country has gone to the dogs

I am moving to detroit

I went into this new York diner in Cardiff

I ordered a breakfast and looked through the menu

Clamato juice ?

I asked the waitress what that was all about

I ate my breakfast and got out of there sharpish

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Ive still got a box of pasta sheets left from the last time, but we wont mention that
    Saves on toilet roll in a crisis

I think the general standard of greasy spoon cafes has gone right down the pan

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    An absolute game changer is this snippet of information. Thank you. The mods made a wise move not moving this thread. Very wise indeed.

I think the general standard of greasy spoon cafes has gone right down the pan
    Exactly. I blame the avocado brigade ordering their eggs over medium. I don’t even know what that means and I’m a veteran of over 7,000 full englishes in places as diverse as Vere Street, Cadoxton to Magaluf. I’ve seen it all pal.

An absolute game changer is this snippet of information. Thank you. The mods made a wise move not moving this thread. Very wise indeed.
    Its changed my life

Large eggs ? On your way , we don't want your sort round here

Its changed my life

With the caveat that if it’s a double yoker you can leave the eggs but still do one and be lively about it.

Exactly. I blame the avocado brigade ordering their eggs over medium. I don’t even know what that means and I’m a veteran of over 7,000 full englishes in places as diverse as Vere Street, Cadoxton to Magaluf.
    Bridgend industrial estate near B and Q

Follow the smell , seek and you shall find

Exactly. I blame the avocado brigade ordering their eggs over medium. I don’t even know what that means and I’m a veteran of over 7,000 full englishes in places as diverse as Vere Street, Cadoxton to Magaluf. I’ve seen it all pal.
    With the caveat that if it’s a double yoker you can leave the eggs but still do one and be lively about it.
    I must leave you now

I am going for an all day fry up in bridgend

Wish me well

Onwards in battle

Duck eggs are the way to go 😋
    Massive rich yolk with a thinner smaller white absolutely divine
    Flip them over couple of seconds

Agreed. That's what I do.

I just bought a new non-stick pan but the bloody thing keeps sliding off the cooker.

Its changed my life

https://charlotteslivelykitchen.com/...-weight-guide/

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Repost from another fred.

I saw a story about some woman in a shop who asked for 56 rolls of toilet paper and was asked if she was panic buying and she said that she needed the rolls because she thought other people would start panic buying soon so wanted to make sure she had enough

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post

I saw a story about some woman in a shop who asked for 56 rolls of toilet paper and was asked if she was panic buying and she said that she needed the rolls because she thought other people would start panic buying soon so wanted to make sure she had enough
    Its things like this that make me proud to be British

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post

Didn't someone on here do exactly that with pasta back in March?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Didn't someone on here do exactly that with pasta back in March?
    At least dried pasta will keep for ages. It takes yonks for it to go pasta its sell by date.