you can tell its panic time

Apart from making chicken or beef and vegetable stews that I eat with a big bowl and bread roll and lump of cheese in a soup kind of style my life is too busy to be messing about buying veg , preparing it and boiling it

I buy frozen mixed veg , carrots , peas , sprouts or tinned stuff. Bung it in the oven , microwave , shove it on your plate . Sorted .

But no chance these days . We have a waitrose where I live but I cant stand places like that , tescos at a push but prefer the Co op up the road or the local independent supermarket chain filco.

I shop there often and did so before the virus . Its a bit more pricey but its got most things I need . The staff are lovely . I often talk metal to one of the check out girls who likes sabbath and covered in ink .

I do my run and always pick up the frozen mixed veg , frozen carrots , sprouts , frozen peas . And then head round the next aisle for tins of peas and carrots etc .

But I had no chance today . People who only ever the place when its snowing or the world is ending were pushing round trolleys of frozen veg , tinned food and bog roll till their trolley was overflowing .They could barely see in front of them . At high speed .

Don't get in the way of these mad people . It would be like being hit by the cardiff to London Paddington service .

The end of the world is nigh