+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Supermarket trolley lunatics

Supermarket trolley lunatics

you can tell its panic time

Apart from making chicken or beef and vegetable stews that I eat with a big bowl and bread roll and lump of cheese in a soup kind of style my life is too busy to be messing about buying veg , preparing it and boiling it

I buy frozen mixed veg , carrots , peas , sprouts or tinned stuff. Bung it in the oven , microwave , shove it on your plate . Sorted .

But no chance these days . We have a waitrose where I live but I cant stand places like that , tescos at a push but prefer the Co op up the road or the local independent supermarket chain filco.

I shop there often and did so before the virus . Its a bit more pricey but its got most things I need . The staff are lovely . I often talk metal to one of the check out girls who likes sabbath and covered in ink .

I do my run and always pick up the frozen mixed veg , frozen carrots , sprouts , frozen peas . And then head round the next aisle for tins of peas and carrots etc .

But I had no chance today . People who only ever the place when its snowing or the world is ending were pushing round trolleys of frozen veg , tinned food and bog roll till their trolley was overflowing .They could barely see in front of them . At high speed .

Don't get in the way of these mad people . It would be like being hit by the cardiff to London Paddington service .

The end of the world is nigh

Re: Supermarket trolley lunatics

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

Apart from making chicken or beef and vegetable stews that I eat with a big bowl and bread roll and lump of cheese in a soup kind of style my life is too busy to be messing about buying veg , preparing it and boiling it

I buy frozen mixed veg , carrots , peas , sprouts or tinned stuff. Bung it in the oven , microwave , shove it on your plate . Sorted .

But no chance these days . We have a waitrose where I live but I cant stand places like that , tescos at a push but prefer the Co op up the road or the local independent supermarket chain filco.

I shop there often and did so before the virus . Its a bit more pricey but its got most things I need . The staff are lovely . I often talk metal to one of the check out girls who likes sabbath and covered in ink .

I do my run and always pick up the frozen mixed veg , frozen carrots , sprouts , frozen peas . And then head round the next aisle for tins of peas and carrots etc .

But I had no chance today . People who only ever the place when its snowing or the world is ending were pushing round trolleys of frozen veg , tinned food and bog roll till their trolley was overflowing .They could barely see in front of them . At high speed .

Don't get in the way of these mad people . It would be like being hit by the cardiff to London Paddington service .

You should have given them a dogs abuse for stock piling when there is no need....idiots

In Bridgend...that would be unfortunate

Mrs come home from work crying earlier. Some ****er had tipped a pot of Quink over here cause there was no sprouts or fountain pens left. Some other ****er moaning about non locals shopping in a local shop. Pushed her over the edge. Put some of her Sabbath collection on for her. Feels much better now. Some charmers out there.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    You should have given them a dogs abuse for stock piling when there is no need....idiots
    wasting your time mate , they have the gestapo look in their eyes

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Mrs come home from work crying earlier. Some ****er had tipped a pot of Quink over here cause there was no sprouts or fountain pens left. Some other ****er moaning about non locals shopping in a local shop. Pushed her over the edge. Put some of her Sabbath collection on for her. Feels much better now. Some charmers out there.
    I cannot comment on that

Ive still got a box of pasta sheets left from the last time, but we wont mention that

Are there really people panic buying? It's not like last time, where production stopped in certain areas. The only difference to me for the last 40 minutes and counting, is that i can't leave the county of Cardiff without reasonable excuse-that's not difficult at all, things considered.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Ive still got a box of pasta sheets left from the last time, but we wont mention that
    You'll be putting them on Ebay, Buy Now-£50

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Are there really people panic buying? It's not like last time, where production stopped in certain areas. The only difference to me for the last 40 minutes and counting, is that i can't leave the county of Cardiff without reasonable excuse-that's not difficult at all, things considered.
    You can't leave you local area without good reason (and there's a few reasons), you can't go on the piss after 10pm, and you can't go over your mates house just for fun.

It's hardly lockdown 2.0, but people gonna people...

Quote Originally Posted by celticknight View Post
    You can't leave you local area without good reason (and there's a few reasons), you can't go on the piss after 10pm, and you can't go over your mates house just for fun.

I've got no mates, don't drink, and there's never been a good reason (for me) to travel to Gwent, RCT, The Vale etc-Basically, nothing changes

Where do these morons get the £1 coin for the trolley from ???

Or do trolleys take cards these days ?

What if you're just over half way up Leckwith Hill say, .by that house on the left that overlooks the City ground and are suddenly bursting for a shit? It can easily happen.

Can you flick your tab out the window, do it up tight, turn the radio up to distract yourself, and drive on to the Tuck In cafe in Dinas Powys ? Or do you now have to do a U turn in that parking area on the left, just over the brow of the hill but before the old council houses on the right, and coast back down to the Black and White cafe in Grange?

Or isn't the legislation that specific. I can't imagine a details guy like Drakeford overlooking this eventuality.

Quote Originally Posted by celticknight View Post

I like to go fishing to relax , the place I fish is in my lockdown area

Is that OK?

What if you're just over half way up Leckwith Hill say, .by that house on the left that overlooks the City ground and are suddenly bursting for a shit? It can easily happen.

Can you flick your tab out the window, do it up tight, turn the radio up to distract yourself, and drive on to the Tuck In cafe in Dinas Powys ? Or do you now have to do a U turn in that parking area on the left, just over the brow of the hill but before the old council houses on the right, and coast back down to the Black and White cafe in Grange?

Or isn't the legislation that specific. I can't imagine a details guy like Drakeford overlooking this eventuality.
    Massive breakfast in the black and white , I had one before a game and missed most of the match doubled up in pain , thought I was going to explode

I like to go fishing to relax , the place I fish is in my lockdown area

Is that OK?
    The fish might have travelled (do fish travel) between lockdown areas. That could present a problem.

Massive breakfast in the black and white , I had one before a game and missed most of the match doubled up in pain , thought I was going to explode

It's changed hands a few times. Haven't been in there for a while. If I did though I'd be after 2 bacon, 2 sausage, 3 egg, beans, 2 toast and mushrooms. Never run out of eggs on a breakfast. It's a schoolboy error, oft committed by wide boys who lack advanced thinking skills.

Is that place open again? The Place by the same name in St Pauls was interesting,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Is that place open again? The Place by the same name in St Pauls was interesting,,,
    You would get a different sort of mixed herbs in your stew there

It's changed hands a few times. Haven't been in there for a while. If I did though I'd be after 2 bacon, 2 sausage, 3 egg, beans, 2 toast and mushrooms. Never run out of eggs on a breakfast. It's a schoolboy error, oft committed by wide boys who lack advanced thinking skills.
    As partridge would say too many beans and you can use the sausages as a breakwater

Eggs have to be runny , solid eggs , I walk the plank

As partridge would say too many beans and you can use the sausages as a breakwater

Absolutely. If I had my way there would be no white on an egg at all. None. Or the white would be bacon. If I had my way.

Absolutely. If I had my way there would be no white on an egg at all. None. Or the white would be bacon. If I had my way.
    I agree

The white once the yolk is burst serves no purpose

Its like a submarine without any torpedoes

A gun without a bullet

A man without a cock

Its a useless bit of white rubber to be flushed down the toilet

I can't stand any sludgy egg white on a fried egg. The yolk can be as runny as possible, but runny whites make me puke.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I can't stand any sludgy egg white on a fried egg. The yolk can be as runny as possible, but runny whites make me puke.
    Flip them over. Eggs over easy. Soft, runny yolk with the white cooked through. Hard yolk fried eggs are just sad. What a terrible waste.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Flip them over. Eggs over easy. Soft, runny yolk with the white cooked through. Hard yolk fried eggs are just sad. What a terrible waste.
    Love a New York breakfast......