+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This is ridiculous

Re: This is ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Yeah I hate it, especiallly those rolling around in apparent agony until the referee doesn't something then it is straight back up and on with the game. I'd fine my players for that kind of behaviour.

Someone like Jamie Vardy is absolutely world class at putting himself inbetween the ball and the defender in the penalty area and making sure that there is contact and then going down for a penalty. 90% of the time the contact isn't enough to make someone fall over though, so that is also cheating to me.
    Isn't that exactly what Chopra did against Leicester in the playoff semi second leg?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Isn't that exactly what Chopra did against Leicester in the playoff semi second leg?
    I dont like it any more or less when our players do it

https://youtu.be/osQbXJFqS3w?t=142

this penalty from the leicester game is a good example.
    The man city defender touched the player in the box, the player went down - probably every referee gives that as a penalty these days. VAR looked at it and also decided it was a penalty.
    It's total bollocks though, the touch was barely enough to notice, certainly not enough to put soneone onto the floor - if that kind of contact could make you fall over then the london underground would basically be a sea of people falling over constantly.

Also the player gets touched on their shoulder, and somehow this caused both of their feet to be lifted off the grass at the same time and and crossed over - anyone doing this while running is going to fall over, whether someone has touched their shoulder or not.

Ridiculous.
    Two things. If someone is running at pace, the slightest touch can knock them over. Don't get that too often in the underground. An old tactic in rugby is the ankle tap if a player is away.

I also think that there is too much nowadays in favour of defenders and goalkeepers are overprotected. If a striker wants to be cute to get an advantage, then it redresses some of that imbalance.

I dont like it any more or less when our players do it
    But suppose one of our players did it in the last seconds of a playoff final with the scores tied. Do you stand up praying for the penalty to go in or sit down and demand it be missed?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    The reason I have to bring up examples from 11 years ago is because I haven't watched him much since, its that simple! He is probably still doing the same kind of thing. If it works why stop?
    A cheat is a cheat is a cheat, and he is no role model!
    I wouldn't call him a cheat

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    All players don't do it though

I never saw Peter Whittingham dive or fake injury

Willie Boland used to get stuck in but I don't remember him falling about like a baby

Phil stant was a hard man but would dive
    Rose tinted specs

Randomly, I just came across this, so just sharing:

International

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I wouldn't call him a cheat
    Just because you wouldn't call him a cheat doesn't mean he isn't a cheat!

bloke's a ****

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Just wait until strikers realise they have a 3% of scoring with a shot but a 95% chance of getting a pelanty if they boot it at a defenders arm.
    20200930_003939.jpg