+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cardiff Lockdown

Re: Cardiff Lockdown

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    You can go and meet mates and sit outside a pub, I’ve done this a few times of late. Might not be so great in November but it isxwhst it is.
    I thought this. However my local was told by one of these inspectors that as a pub is classed as an indoor venue even outside your not to meet up and sit together.

Only allowing members of the same household to sit together inside and outside.

Otherwise if its your local your all in there sitting apart.

Its not all bad news

At least xmas is cancelled

People are dying of this virus and there are idiots saying they are devastated because they cannot celebrate Xmas this year

If I was in charge I would cancel it every year

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I agree to an extent with your misgivings about the term 'lockdown', but you seem to be seeing the world as it is at the moment from your own perspective only when you make comments like: "You can pretty much do anything you would normally do but staying within the county borders and drinking up by 10.20pm."

I have no idea how many people live alone in an area like Cardiff, but the fact is that for those of us who do these restrictions (if we follow them to the letter) are a nightmare. As it stands, other than reading and watching TV, I'm unable to do any of the things that usually make life genuinely enjoyable. I'm by no means highly sociable, but spending time with friends whether it be at a gig, at the football or in the pub is very important to me. The last six months have therefore been very difficult. All the indications are that the next six will be even more so.
    The last six months has been extremely difficult here as well. You are aware of my caring responsibilities and I'm having to keep up the spirits of a vulnerable adult who is being denied the pleasures of travel, sport and music that he likes. On top of that the 'lockdown' threats and continual changes and inconsistencies is not helping people with difficulties who are finding this all very confusing. And it's also extremely wearing on those looking after them.

I'm not saying life is normal compared to how it was 12 months ago. But the last 24 hours has not seen us confined to our homes which the OP mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    I'm not saying life is normal compared to how it was 12 months ago. But the last 24 hours has not seen us confined to our homes which the OP mentioned.
    Granted, but the fact is that for those of us who live alone, we might as well be confined to our homes if we follow the rules. After all, we're not supposed to mix with anyone anywhere else.

Imagine living alone with an old lady with serious mental ill health

Now thats tough

But its not a competition really , its piss for all of us

Might not be so great tonight either. Or most other nights from now until next April.
    I've got some great news for you about this covered outdoor seating area smack bang in the middle of Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I've got some great news for you about this covered outdoor seating area smack bang in the middle of Cardiff
    The word on the street is they're turning it into a Christmas market. The twats.

Might not be so great tonight either. Or most other nights from now until next April.
    Weather is going to get worse and worse but I've definitely been colder and wetter watching Cardiff City than I would be going out for a walk tonight. Think it's a bit unfair to suggest weather is bad from now til next April and use that as a reason you can't do anything outside even though you can do.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Weather is going to get worse and worse but I've definitely been colder and wetter watching Cardiff City than I would be going out for a walk tonight. Think it's a bit unfair to suggest weather is bad from now til next April and use that as a reason you can't do anything outside even though you can do.
    To be honest, wandering around in the rain has never been high on my list of priorities. Besides which, goats was talking about sitting outside a pub, not going for a walk.

I often go walking aimlessly in the rain

On my own

With no direction home

Granted, but the fact is that for those of us who live alone, we might as well be confined to our homes if we follow the rules. After all, we're not supposed to mix with anyone anywhere else.
    It can’t be easy if you live alone. If you are used to popping out to the pub whenever you fancy it, going to gigs, football etc....
    I know a few blokes like you gunmen, I made efforts to pop around and see them out the front or back of their houses during lockdown.
    I rarely do any of those 3 social activities in the last five years, hence I found it fairly normal as not much has changed. At least you have this place to chat about it....

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Saw this the other day, funny.
    He can taste his red so he can’t have Covid, a simple test.

I miss the home games but it’s the away games I really miss, great camaraderie with a great set of lads and a great day out. But missing that is trivial compared to what some unfortunate souls have gone through this last 8/9 months, nothing has really changed for me, barring the first sentence in this post, compared to what some folk must be going through if they strictly adhere to the rules. Understandable frustration for some but utter confusion for many whose life, through certain circumstances, totally depends on routine, a routine that’s been disrupted by all recognition.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    No subtitles