+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fulham

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Fulham

Every time they're promoted fans of Championship clubs have to put up with derogatory comments from their fans and how they have the best set up and squad to adapt to the silky football of the Premier League.

I bet they're not laughing now.

Re: Fulham

IMG_20200915_081748.jpg

this article I read recently (before the start of the season) suggested that they're actually one of the least well placed side to have gone up in recent seasons.
    Brentford would have done a lot better I think.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Every time they're promoted fans of Championship clubs have to put up with derogatory comments from their fans and how they have the best set up and squad to adapt to the silky football of the Premier League.
    Really?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Really?
    I don't think i've ever met an offensive Fulham fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    You’ve obviously not been on twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    You’ve obviously not been on twitter.
    This exactly.

I'm not sure what they watch but they really do think they're a cut above the rest of the Championship.

I've met a couple of Fulham fans. I've never heard or read any Fulham fans making derogatory comments about the Championship or claiming they are set up to adapt to the silky football of the Premier League. I think blue lewj is talking bollocks. But then perhaps he spends his time trawling the Fulham message boards. I don't.

I've met a couple of Fulham fans. I've never heard or read any Fulham fans making derogatory comments about the Championship or claiming they are set up to adapt to the silky football of the Premier League. I think blue lewj is talking bollocks. But then perhaps he spends his time trawling the Fulham message boards. I don't.
    So because you haven't read it it's bollocks.
    At least one fan on here has seen how they act on Twitter etc

I suppose your head is so far up your own arse to acknowledge that though.

Haven't you got a dictionary to hand to have a quick flick through?

So because you haven't read it it's bollocks.

I didn't say it was bollocks. I said I think it's bollocks. But hey, the fact is I don't use Twitter, so what do I know? Everything I know about Twitter suggests it's full of *****. This thread has reinforced that belief.

Me too, harmless posh types in rugby tops mainly.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Me too, harmless posh types in rugby tops mainly.
    I find that offensive

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I find that offensive
    Oh right, sorry but it’s true

Really?
    Really

Shocking defensive performance tonight. Really shite.

Their defence hasn't improved since they were last in the Premier League.

They look even worse at the back than they did in 18/19 - they're going to concede more than a hundred this season unless they sort themselves out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    They look even worse at the back than they did in 18/19 - they're going to concede more than a hundred this season unless they sort themselves out soon.
    With, 'Hannibal,' Hector and Odoi there they'll have a job, Bob.

StT.
    <><

I have a client who is a Fulham fan. Season ticket holder. Away traveller. Oliver. South African chap.

Nice guy but he does think they are too good for the championship and is a bit snobby about it so I can relate to the OP. Probably for the first time ever.

I have a client who is a Fulham fan. Season ticket holder. Away traveller. Oliver. South African chap.

Nice guy but he does think they are too good for the championship and is a bit snobby about it so I can relate to the OP. Probably for the first time ever.
    It seems to be the view of many of their fans.

They seem to think they're superior to your regular Championship team but prove time and again that they are not.

When Reading knocked Fulham out of the play offs in 2017 their fans sense of entitlement was hilarious. **** em.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    When Reading knocked Fulham out of the play offs in 2017 their fans sense of entitlement was hilarious. **** em.
    Exactly.

Exactly how I have found the fans that I have encountered.

TLG will ignore this though. He must be seen to be the Oracle round these parts.

TLG will ignore this though.
    I watched it as far as the City fan and had to give up.

The three Fulham fans who were interviewed seemed to think their team was crap. The third was bemoaning the fact that they were trying to pass the ball around as if they were far better than they actually were. He said they'd just been hammered by the worst team in the league (City were bottom at the time), who had played well on that occasion. Not sure what else you'd expect them to say really. They didn't appear arrogant to me. On the contrary, they seemed to believe their side was poor.

I watched it as far as the City fan and had to give up.

The three Fulham fans who were interviewed seemed to think their team was crap. The third was bemoaning the fact that they were trying to pass the ball around as if they were far better than they actually were. He said they'd just been hammered by the worst team in the league (City were bottom at the time), who had played well on that occasion. Not sure what else you'd expect them to say really. They didn't appear arrogant to me. On the contrary, they seemed to believe their side was poor.
    Oh come on. There was certainly an air of arrogance and entitlement among them particularly the first chap and the interviewer. He called us rabble and it was an embarrassment losing to us. 4 months before that we finished above them in the championship.