+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fulham

Fulham

Every time they're promoted fans of Championship clubs have to put up with derogatory comments from their fans and how they have the best set up and squad to adapt to the silky football of the Premier League.

I bet they're not laughing now.

Re: Fulham

IMG_20200915_081748.jpg

this article I read recently (before the start of the season) suggested that they're actually one of the least well placed side to have gone up in recent seasons.
    Brentford would have done a lot better I think.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Every time they're promoted fans of Championship clubs have to put up with derogatory comments from their fans and how they have the best set up and squad to adapt to the silky football of the Premier League.
    Really?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Really?
    I don't think i've ever met an offensive Fulham fan.

Really?
    Really

Shocking defensive performance tonight. Really shite.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    You’ve obviously not been on twitter.

Their defence hasn't improved since they were last in the Premier League.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    You’ve obviously not been on twitter.
    This exactly.

I'm not sure what they watch but they really do think they're a cut above the rest of the Championship.

They look even worse at the back than they did in 18/19 - they're going to concede more than a hundred this season unless they sort themselves out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I've met a couple of Fulham fans. I've never heard or read any Fulham fans making derogatory comments about the Championship or claiming they are set up to adapt to the silky football of the Premier League. I think blue lewj is talking bollocks. But then perhaps he spends his time trawling the Fulham message boards. I don't.

I've met a couple of Fulham fans. I've never heard or read any Fulham fans making derogatory comments about the Championship or claiming they are set up to adapt to the silky football of the Premier League. I think blue lewj is talking bollocks. But then perhaps he spends his time trawling the Fulham message boards. I don't.
    So because you haven't read it it's bollocks.
    At least one fan on here has seen how they act on Twitter etc

I suppose your head is so far up your own arse to acknowledge that though.

Haven't you got a dictionary to hand to have a quick flick through?

I have a client who is a Fulham fan. Season ticket holder. Away traveller. Oliver. South African chap.

Nice guy but he does think they are too good for the championship and is a bit snobby about it so I can relate to the OP. Probably for the first time ever.

When Reading knocked Fulham out of the play offs in 2017 their fans sense of entitlement was hilarious. **** em.

I have a client who is a Fulham fan. Season ticket holder. Away traveller. Oliver. South African chap.

Nice guy but he does think they are too good for the championship and is a bit snobby about it so I can relate to the OP. Probably for the first time ever.
    It seems to be the view of many of their fans.

They seem to think they're superior to your regular Championship team but prove time and again that they are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    When Reading knocked Fulham out of the play offs in 2017 their fans sense of entitlement was hilarious. **** em.
    Exactly.

So because you haven't read it it's bollocks.

I didn't say it was bollocks. I said I think it's bollocks. But hey, the fact is I don't use Twitter, so what do I know? Everything I know about Twitter suggests it's full of *****. This thread has reinforced that belief.

I didn't say it was bollocks. I said I think it's bollocks. But hey, the fact is I don't use Twitter, so what do I know? Everything I know about Twitter suggests it's full of *****. This thread has reinforced that belief.

Well done. Go and tickle one of your spiders or something.

Come to think of it the Fulham fans seem to act a bit like you on here.

Come to think of it the Fulham fans seem to act a bit like you on here.
    Irony alert.

Irony alert.
    No superiority complex going on here.

You imply other posters are idiots or act as though you're somehow correct on almost every thread you join.

I wait with baited breath for your daily dictionary comment.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    They look even worse at the back than they did in 18/19 - they're going to concede more than a hundred this season unless they sort themselves out soon.
    With, 'Hannibal,' Hector and Odoi there they'll have a job, Bob.

StT.
    <><

No superiority complex going on here.
    Never mind Fulham fans, what about those wretched plastics?

We all know them and they are up and down the land. Dressed in their new replica shirt they bought in Sports Direct or online. Sitting in the local pub shouting at the TV (usually calling players by their first names) while calling each other Scousers and Mancs.

Now, if we're honest a lot of us will have had our heads turned by the big clubs in our early years because for many seeing them on TV at a cup final or on Match of the Day was the first exposure we had to football. Thankfully a lot of us, certainly on here, came to our senses soon enough and got passion for real football.

There is nothing worse than talking to a 'fan' of the club who has a day out to their Premier League club once every few years and treats it like a day out akin to going to a theme park. It's all a bit sad really seeing the photos of them skidding up, standing in front of various landmarks for photos and ransacking the club shop because they won't be back for a good few years.

You won't find many people in the land who get football so wrong. For them it is a TV show that inconveniences them momentarily when their team loses and have bragging rights, albeit hundreds of miles from the home grounds of the teams they support, for a short time when they win. Usually the bragging rights are over another plastic fan of the big four though so does it really matter all that much?
    Football is about so much more than that. They aren't even getting the bare minimum of what football has to offer but they just don't see it.

The behind closed doors trophy lift witnessed by many a South Wales 'Scouser' recently was viewed by many looking on as weird in many ways due to Covid. If you think about it though it isn't that different to what they have witnessed recently when winning the Champions League for example. Only difference being they could not see fans in the background on their TV screens. Many of them probably watched both trophy lifts on the same TV.

The funniest part of it all for me is the way your fans of the big four seem to have pity for fans of clubs who don't win things or challenge regularly and seem to try to talk down to you in some way.

I find their deep need to have some kind of success in their empty sporting lives to make them feel worthwhile is all very sad.
    I feel sorry for them because they have something in front of them in football that could be very, very special and get it so wrong. It is so different to what real fans do and experience in a season that it might as well be a different sport. It's no different to what I do when tuning in to the darts on Sky (my Michael Van Gerwen replica looks quality).

In short, as much as they think they have the upper hand on us due to the success of their hand picked team they just don't seem to get it and I actually feel very sorry for them and how very little they get from this great game.

Never mind Fulham fans, what about those wretched plastics?

We all know them and they are up and down the land. Dressed in their new replica shirt they bought in Sports Direct or online. Sitting in the local pub shouting at the TV (usually calling players by their first names) while calling each other Scousers and Mancs.

Now, if we're honest a lot of us will have had our heads turned by the big clubs in our early years because for many seeing them on TV at a cup final or on Match of the Day was the first exposure we had to football. Thankfully a lot of us, certainly on here, came to our senses soon enough and got passion for real football.

There is nothing worse than talking to a 'fan' of the club who has a day out to their Premier League club once every few years and treats it like a day out akin to going to a theme park. It's all a bit sad really seeing the photos of them skidding up, standing in front of various landmarks for photos and ransacking the club shop because they won't be back for a good few years.

You won't find many people in the land who get football so wrong. For them it is a TV show that inconveniences them momentarily when their team loses and have bragging rights, albeit hundreds of miles from the home grounds of the teams they support, for a short time when they win. Usually the bragging rights are over another plastic fan of the big four though so does it really matter all that much?
    Football is about so much more than that. They aren't even getting the bare minimum of what football has to offer but they just don't see it.

The behind closed doors trophy lift witnessed by many a South Wales 'Scouser' recently was viewed by many looking on as weird in many ways due to Covid. If you think about it though it isn't that different to what they have witnessed recently when winning the Champions League for example. Only difference being they could not see fans in the background on their TV screens. Many of them probably watched both trophy lifts on the same TV.

The funniest part of it all for me is the way your fans of the big four seem to have pity for fans of clubs who don't win things or challenge regularly and seem to try to talk down to you in some way.

I find their deep need to have some kind of success in their empty sporting lives to make them feel worthwhile is all very sad.
    I feel sorry for them because they have something in front of them in football that could be very, very special and get it so wrong. It is so different to what real fans do and experience in a season that it might as well be a different sport. It's no different to what I do when tuning in to the darts on Sky (my Michael Van Gerwen replica looks quality).

In short, as much as they think they have the upper hand on us due to the success of their hand picked team they just don't seem to get it and I actually feel very sorry for them and how very little they get from this great game.

For what it is worth I still don't really understand your pub going, replica shirted lad who has never been within 200 miles of their so called teams home ground.

Exactly how I have found the fans that I have encountered.

TLG will ignore this though. He must be seen to be the Oracle round these parts.