+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Minimalism

Re: Minimalism

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    What kind of things do you find Amusing.....
    If I say will it affect the asking price?

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Will it affect the asking price?
    You couldn't afford me Sweetie x

'I wouldn't say that i live as a minimalist' Jesus.........
    Your a self-righteous little twat aren’t you tuerto?

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Your a self-righteous little twat aren’t you tuerto?
    'You're' is what you mean. Like You're a cock.

'You're' is what you mean. Like You're a cock.
    Well there you have it, I rest my case😜

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Well there you have it, I rest my case😜

Well that escalated quickly.

I have been trying to live that way for a while now but did see a minimalist doc by two guys, Joshua and Ryan about a tour they were doing, also had sections on other people and how they lived if its the same one. They also have a podcast and website called the minimalists. Very helpful. https://www.theminimalists.com/

Mostly I try to limit the amount of crap I bring into my life, and definitely give far more thought to anything I buy.

How middle class. Where i grew up, everyone was 'Minimalist' because they were skint or had to sell anything of value. I suppose that it's much easier to Declutter, which essentially that's what it is, when you have the choice to do so.
    I 100% see your point and how it was meant, while this is certainly a new '1st world problem' one thing that the documentary exposed however, is the people most likely to impulsively buy and store tons of cheap crap are the poorest in our society, they are most susceptible to be manipulated into buying for short term gratification, often getting themselves into increased debt.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    I 100% see your point and how it was meant, while this is certainly a new '1st world problem' one thing that the documentary exposed however, is the people most likely to impulsively buy and store tons of cheap crap are the poorest in our society, they are most susceptible to be manipulated into buying for short term gratification, often getting themselves into increased debt.
    Thanks Chris, informed reply that I agree with, saves being called a twat on two occasions for no real reason. You're right, and I should have considered the point you're making. The less affluent do have access to more purchasing options now, compared to 20, 30 years ago. I've seen first hand evidence of people buying for short term gratification, something that wears of very quickly and then the resulting misery which leads to more buying. I guess that your point is that loads of crap doesn't really make us happy, it's a sign of feeling out of control and by streamlining possessions can lead to more control and maybe better mental health?