+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TV Home Interviews

TV Home Interviews

People interviewed on TV at home by studio presenters always seem to have a full bookcase behind them, makes them look intelligent and interesting no doubt but I’ve just tuned in to The One Show to catch Michael Palin, I do like him, f*ck me he’s taken it to a new level, he lives in the Central Library by the looks He is a clever bugger though, funny when you see a dull twat being interviewed though with his Janet & Johns behind him

Re: TV Home Interviews

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    People interviewed on TV at home by studio presenters always seem to have a full bookcase behind them, makes them look intelligent and interesting no doubt but I’ve just tuned in to The One Show to catch Michael Palin, I do like him, f*ck me he’s taken it to a new level, he lives in the Central Library by the looks He is a clever bugger though, funny when you see a dull twat being interviewed though with his Janet & Johns behind him
    When it first came out we used to watch that Gogglebox TV show. Don't think I ever say a single book on display the whole time..

Everyone wants to appear posh, a student of life , its all shit really.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Everyone wants to appear posh, a student of life , its all shit really.
    Having books doesn't make you posh and not having them doesn't make you a pleb.

I know a lot of people have vast collections of books and being well read is a great attribute but I visualise these interviewees frantically sorting out somewhere to sit prior to going on air, shifting chairs and tables around, “Look at me love, look at me, are all the books on view? F*cking hell shift those Jeffrey Archer’s and that 50 Shades thing can’t be in shot, aw Jeez, I’m on!!”.

All amateur historians. I’d be impressed if they had a groaning shelf of jazz mags in dust covers behind them and a bin bag full of soiled ones ready to be jettisoned in the local woods by their feet. That’s actual culture.

Politicians are the worst of the lot. Grant Schapps has a red briefcase like he pretends to be the Chancellor at weekends. They all seem to have books about great Britons strategically placed.

My favourite however was the Liverpool uni professor (Keiron something?) and author who wrote The Price of Football . His chosen book on view on gmtv the other week was by Wayne Hussey of The Misson 🙂

There was an interview on Sky News last week with Ian Dale. He had the customary bookcase as a backdrop but the Sky presenter noticed he had dotted copies of his own books all over the place to advertise them. I doubt that interview would have happened in the same way on BBC

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    There was an interview on Sky News last week with Ian Dale. He had the customary bookcase as a backdrop but the Sky presenter noticed he had dotted copies of his own books all over the place to advertise them. I doubt that interview would have happened in the same way on BBC
    I see what you're saying here. Kay Burley and Rupert Murdoch are the upholders of lofty ideals and all that's right and decent.

I would so the same if I was interviewed!

I would be chuffed to see my book Park Life on the shelf of someone being interviewed although I doubt it as I'm not sure that
    politicians / experts are interested in fun, football and pints in the Rhondda Sunday League, but perhaps they should be!

Some of the people interviewed at home use the bookcase backgrounds you can select on programmes like Zoom.

International

Taking the politics out of it I'm sure anyone in that situation who had written a book or more would do exactly the same thing given the opportunity.
    It's called product placement I think

Why do I find Iain Dale a smarmy tosser? Worse than Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    I see what you're saying here. Kay Burley and Rupert Murdoch are the upholders of lofty ideals and all that's right and decent.
    Certainly not Murdoch but I've come to like Burley now because her political interviews are really incisive: and apart from that I'd give her one.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Why do I find Iain Dale a smarmy tosser? Worse than Ferrari.
    Agree totally but they're both dross.

Quote Originally Posted by Park Life View Post
    I would so the same if I was interviewed!

I would be chuffed to see my book Park Life on the shelf of someone being interviewed although I doubt it as I'm not sure that
    politicians / experts are interested in fun, football and pints in the Rhondda Sunday League, but perhaps they should be!
    Something wrong with them if they didn't lol

[QUOTE=Dorcus;5121809]Agree totally but they're both dross.[/QUOTE

Ferrari gets on my nerves,too right wing for me

As does James O'Brien most of the time.

They both often try to make the person phoning up look small

I disagree about Iain Dale. He is usually pretty good

Certainly not Murdoch but I've come to like Burley now because her political interviews are really incisive: and apart from that I'd give her one.
    Yes but would she reciprocate???

Sent in error

[QUOTE=Elwood Blues;5121814]
    Agree totally but they're both dross.[/QUOTE

Ferrari gets on my nerves,too right wing for me
    Do you find that he's getting more right-wing as the years are rolling on?

It's very alarming.

I really enjoy listening to Adrian Chiles on 5 Live every Friday mid morning. Followed by Elis James and his mate.

[QUOTE=B. Oddie;5121844]
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post

It's very alarming.

I really enjoy listening to Adrian Chiles on 5 Live every Friday mid morning. Followed by Elis James and his mate.

Ferrari gives the Government and Boris a right hammering every morning at the moment. He is right wing but it's a bit of a stretch to say he is getting more right wing when the only story in town is COVID and on that he is highly critical of Boris and the Chancellor.

[QUOTE=B. Oddie;5121844]

It's very alarming.

Absolutely, and he nails his colours to the mast for all to see while trying to affect this aura of reasonableness. He's not quite as horrific as that Hartley Brewer gorgon though! Yes Adrian Chile's comes over well.

Yes but would she reciprocate???
    She's here with me now I'll let her answer that..

Hi Elwood, it's Kay, Dorcus and I have been reciprocating all night; it's been exhausting, I'm having a fag and a cuppa now to relax.

She's here with me now I'll let her answer that..

Hi Elwood, it's Kay, Dorcus and I have been reciprocating all night; it's been exhausting, I'm having a fag and a cuppa now to relax.
    I shall tell Adam Boulton. He will be bereft.

[QUOTE=B. Oddie;5121844]

It's very alarming.

Yes,you could be correct there.

I haven't listened to 5 Live for a long time. Used to like Adrian Chiles

Don't mind Elis James either.