+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Callum Paterson completes move to Sheffield Wednesday

Re: Callum Paterson completes move to Sheffield Wednesday

He's just posted on instagram about not being wanted, So why did Harris act like he didnt know on saturday and basically lie.
    Between this and the comments about being better than Reading the comments he's made are odd and don't bode well at all

Quote Originally Posted by jord1927 View Post
    He's just posted on instagram about not being wanted, So why did Harris act like he didnt know on saturday and basically lie.
    Between this and the comments about being better than Reading the comments he's made are odd and don't bode well at all
    All the thread comments have some merit and I believe Cardiff need a re think and strategy. As I have said before,I do not have any faith in Harris as the man to deliver it. Negative I know, but I have never been convinced since the senior management of the club appointed him.

good luck to him. Not his biggest fan but can't deny what he brought to the side during the promotion year.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    If hes on 20k a week. Its not terrible business.

Been a good player for us though.
    I agree, I cannot believe the wages some of our players are reported to be on. £20k a week for someone who is not a regular starter, you can see why he was moved on. But will Sheff Wed play him or will he be on their bench for £20k pw?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    'Absolutely gutted my time at @cardiffcityfc is over. Very disappointed that I wasn’t needed any more and now it’s time to move on. Massive thank you to the fans who welcomed me into the club from day one. You guys made it special for me. Also big shout to the team, the best guys I’ve ever been around and I am very grateful for everything we achieved together, I wish all of you guys the best. I’ve made the best memories and some friends for life and wish everyone all the best. Thank you ������'

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    All the thread comments have some merit and I believe Cardiff need a re think and strategy. As I have said before,I do not have any faith in Harris as the man to deliver it. Negative I know, but I have never been convinced since the senior management of the club appointed him.
    It’s a shame, he’s an experienced effective championship player, a very shrewd, decent signing by Warnock. I’m surprised Wednesday can afford him, didn’t they receive the points deduction because of over spending?

I would rather have Paterson as an option than Glatzel or Ojo

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    His last goal for us saw one of the great celebrations .

Best of luck to him at his new club.
    Yeah that somersault was class and better than anything I saw from earnie. Good luck for the future Pats.

It is a shame. He seems like a decent bloke and he always gave 100%, but he's not good enough to play for Championship side with aspirations to get promoted to the EPL and stay there. We can't afford to carry passengers.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    It is a shame. He seems like a decent bloke and he always gave 100%, but he's not good enough to play for Championship side with aspirations to get promoted to the EPL and stay there. We can't afford to carry passengers.
    I dont think we need to worry about a promotion push unless we bring in quite a few quality players.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Err, he was good enough to score 10 goals in a side that finished in an automatic promotion place only 2 seasons ago so that says yes he is good enough to play for a Championship side looking to get promoted

Gutted

Pretty gutted. I understand there is a need to move players on and such. Bu, he was a warrior-type of player that is needed in a team, especially a struggling one. Which unless we bring in a few quality players in next few days i have a bad feeling we may be this season. Wednesday have themselves a bargain buy.
    Spedger

Ben James has written a good piece about Paterson (and the state of the club) in VFTN:

https://viewfromtheninian.com/2020/0...-football-fun/

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    It’s a shame, he’s an experienced effective championship player, a very shrewd, decent signing by Warnock. I’m surprised Wednesday can afford him, didn’t they receive the points deduction because of over spending?

I would rather have Paterson as an option than Glatzel or Ojo

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I dont think we need to worry about a promotion push unless we bring in quite a few quality players.

I didn't mean this season. But I think that is the ultimate goal.

Err, he was good enough to score 10 goals in a side that finished in an automatic promotion place only 2 seasons ago so that says yes he is good enough to play for a Championship side looking to get promoted
    That was Warnockball. We don't play like that anymore. The manager has moved him on, so there must be something to it.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Ben James has written a good piece about Paterson (and the state of the club) in VFTN:

Good article that.

Agree with most of it. If we’re not careful we may be looking over our shoulders a lot this season.

“A player that has gone from strength to strength”.

Really?

Yes I can't disagree with that. However, he doesn't really fit into the new squad / style and we arent that big that we can afford to have a bit part player earning first team (or higher) wages.
    It was absolutely the right decision to move him on, even though he is a very popular player and will be missed.
    M only compaint is that the fee was FAR too low, but if there aren't other offers then what else can you do?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    “A player that has gone from strength to strength”.

Really?
    I think his first season here was pretty clearly his best.

What is ambition? We've got an exciting attacking full-back when not so long ago CB's were regularly covering the position, finally found a goal-scoring (at least in away games) striker and Ojo has only replaced NML due to unspoken circumstances. Spending a smaller amount of money more wisely might not initially appear as ambitious but it certainly improves things on Warnock's last couple of windows.

Sorry to see Callum go, I think he was a great squad player.

Unlike many in this side, he always gave 100% commitment and effort.

Could be very effective at times up front, just look at our promotion season.

Won more headers around the field, than any City players in years.

I’d have like to seen him up front with Moore, Murphy on the wing, and Tomlin just behind them.

I think it could have been a very productive attacking unit, with a mixture of skill and brawn.

Criminal to let him go for just £500,000.

This is the break up of a decent squad by Harris.

We’ve lost Etheridge, Ward, NML and now Patterson.

Moore apart, he hasn’t bought a decent player in.

This squad will be a reflection of him, a bottom third of the division side.

Even worse after Saturday’s dull, gutless display, he tried to deflect blame from the defeat in the post game press conference, by inferring he knew nothing about the Patterson transfer.

Dalman had to come out and publicly state he was an out and out liar (but phrased more professionally).

Joke of a manager, in a job with expectations well about his very limited ability.

Big fan of Paterson but in recent times he's looked less fit and clubs have worked him out. I think he needs a manager like Warnock to wind him up each game and release him in an aggressive roll and team, were no longer that team we play a different more measured style , which I don't think fits Paterson style .

Thanks for the memories though Pato ,did enjoy those promotion season moments , the goals , and incredible enthusiasm and effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    Sorry to see Callum go, I think he was a great squad player.

Unlike many in this side, he always gave 100% commitment and effort.

Could be very effective at times up front, just look at our promotion season.

Won more headers around the field, than any City players in years.

I’d have like to seen him up front with Moore, Murphy on the wing, and Tomlin just behind them.

I think it could have been a very productive attacking unit, with a mixture of skill and brawn.

Criminal to let him go for just £500,000.

This is the break up of a decent squad by Harris.

We’ve lost Etheridge, Ward, NML and now Patterson.

Moore apart, he hasn’t bought a decent player in.

This squad will be a reflection of him, a bottom third of the division side.

Even worse after Saturday’s dull, gutless display, he tried to deflect blame from the defeat in the post game press conference, by inferring he knew nothing about the Patterson transfer.

Dalman had to come out and publicly state he was an out and out liar (but phrased more professionally).

Joke of a manager, in a job with expectations well about his very limited ability.
    You should change your name to Harris's Ex Wife