+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Callum Paterson completes move to Sheffield Wednesday

Re: Callum Paterson completes move to Sheffield Wednesday

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    Sorry to see Callum go, I think he was a great squad player.

Unlike many in this side, he always gave 100% commitment and effort.

Could be very effective at times up front, just look at our promotion season.

Won more headers around the field, than any City players in years.

I’d have like to seen him up front with Moore, Murphy on the wing, and Tomlin just behind them.

I think it could have been a very productive attacking unit, with a mixture of skill and brawn.

Criminal to let him go for just £500,000.

This is the break up of a decent squad by Harris.

We’ve lost Etheridge, Ward, NML and now Patterson.

Moore apart, he hasn’t bought a decent player in.

This squad will be a reflection of him, a bottom third of the division side.

Even worse after Saturday’s dull, gutless display, he tried to deflect blame from the defeat in the post game press conference, by inferring he knew nothing about the Patterson transfer.

Dalman had to come out and publicly state he was an out and out liar (but phrased more professionally).

Joke of a manager, in a job with expectations well about his very limited ability.
    Let's be honest, Harris has had zero control over this, even said so himself. You just have a vendetta against him for some reason.

The time to judge the club will be when the transfer window closes.
    They’re rightly keeping a tight lid on things (not like the Sam days), so we just don’t know yet.
    For all we know, they might have one or two exciting signings ligned up... I hope!
    I think it’s fair to say, though, that it’s unlikely that there will be as many as four signings, because the club have indicated that they’re looking to go for quality over quantity and that money is not plentiful.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    The time to judge the club will be when the transfer window closes.
    They’re rightly keeping a tight lid on things (not like the Sam days), so we just don’t know yet.
    For all we know, they might have one or two exciting signings ligned up... I hope!
    I think it’s fair to say, though, that it’s unlikely that there will be as many as four signings, because the club have indicated that they’re looking to go for quality over quantity and that money is not plentiful.
    I think we are going to end up with a lack of quality and quantity.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I think we are going to end up with a lack of quality and quantity.
    You might well be right - this is Cardiff City, after all!
    Why I meant was that it might be 1 out, 1 in, as hopefully, there’ll be better players coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Let's be honest, Harris has had zero control over this, even said so himself. You just have a vendetta against him for some reason.
    Rubbish, read Dalman’s comments and Patterson’s, Harris didn’t want him.

Harris is a waste of a tracksuit, full of BS, and the sooner he’s gone the better.

Harris is a waste of a tracksuit, full of BS, and the sooner he’s gone the better.
    Harris didn't want him, made it clear today.

Almost got us promoted but he's a waste of a tracksuit, ok mate.

I know you don't really care about losing Paterson this much. You're just using it as a stick to beat Harris with

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Harris didn't want him, made it clear today.
    a friend of a friend at the club confirmed this some time ago, can be hard to manage ,bit disruptive I'm unofficially told ??????

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Almost got us promoted but he's a waste of a tracksuit, ok mate.
    Never got lucky with the very decent squad Warnock left behind, in a mediocre division.

Will be nowhere never the Playoffs this season, he’s a League one manager at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    I know you don't really care about losing Paterson this much. You're just using it as a stick to beat Harris with
    One of my favourite players.

Give it everything, and left it all on the field. Unlike some of the couldn’t care less, gutless wonders in the team.

Not the most skilful, but big hearted, worked hard and as shown in his first two seasons could score goals.

I’d have rather kept him, than Glatzel.

He’s an absolute fanny, who doesn’t like any physical contact in the box.

I’d have preferred we shipped Glatzel, Whyte and Pack to Sheff Wed for £500,000.

Even worse, Patterson stated he didn’t want to leave us.

Unusual passion that these days, when many can’t wait to get a big signing on fee elsewhere.

Give it everything, and left it all on the field. Unlike some of the couldn’t care less, gutless wonders in the team.

Not the most skilful, but big hearted, worked hard and as shown in his first two seasons could score goals.

I’d have preferred we shipped Glatzel, Whyte and Pack to Sheff Wed for £500,000.

Unusual passion that these days, when many can’t wait to get a big signing on fee elsewhere.
    propa player him, big heart big man gets stuck into them unlike the german fanny who's scared of his own shadow. football has moved on, you won't get anywhere with headless chickens who have "passion" but no ability on the ball

zero assists and 5 goals in a season for a supposed attacking player is appalling. For every time he scores some shite goal that's deflected off his arse he would give possession away 7 times in a match and fail to hold up the ball. but all is forgiven cause he chases back passes to the keeper.

If he was on 20k a week good riddance, it might allow Harris room to sign a midfielder who can pass the ball. It also frees up the third choice striker for Mark Harris to take over which is fine with me

That's fine but maybe there was no offers for Glatzel, Pack or Whyte and besides Harris clearly prefers at least two of them.

Paterson started up front for Sheffield Wednesday this afternoon.

Took a lot of long throw-ins by the sounds of it

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    propa player him, big heart big man gets stuck into them unlike the german fanny who's scared of his own shadow. football has moved on, you won't get anywhere with headless chickens who have "passion" but no ability on the ball

zero assists and 5 goals in a season for a supposed attacking player is appalling. For every time he scores some shite goal that's deflected off his arse he would give possession away 7 times in a match and fail to hold up the ball. but all is forgiven cause he chases back passes to the keeper.

If he was on 20k a week good riddance, it might allow Harris room to sign a midfielder who can pass the ball. It also frees up the third choice striker for Mark Harris to take over which is fine with me
    I have been reliably informed that the sale figure is double the one reported, rising given certain criteria.