+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: County 1-0 up against Newcastle..............

Re: County 1-0 up against Newcastle..............

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I like the Cwnty , their story of how far they fell and the steady climb back is some achievement and the journey those fans have been on is incredible.
    I'm with you on this one, I have no beef with them.
    Okay, they may well dislike us but that is generally the way with smaller town (now city of course) and capital city just down the road.

Their fans have had their troubles over the years, even before their eventual demise.
    I remember (vaguely) being part of a decent crowd turning up at NP for a Newport fundraising game vs Man United back in the 80's was it?
    Granted the ground had its fair share of Kairdiff Mancs that night but I'd say the majority were there for the cause.

My view may well change in the future, they may well become rivals, but as long as they aren't competing against us I shall continue to look out for their results.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I'm with you on this one, I have no beef with them.
    Okay, they may well dislike us but that is generally the way with smaller town (now city of course) and capital city just down the road.

Their fans have had their troubles over the years, even before their eventual demise.
    I remember (vaguely) being part of a decent crowd turning up at NP for a Newport fundraising game vs Man United back in the 80's was it?
    Granted the ground had its fair share of Kairdiff Mancs that night but I'd say the majority were there for the cause.

My view may well change in the future, they may well become rivals, but as long as they aren't competing against us I shall continue to look out for their results.
    Pretty much sums up how I feel about them.
    I've seen a couple of their league games over the years as well the Cup Winners Cup Q/F against Carl Zeiss Jena (which they deserved to win).

As you said their fans dislike us but yes it is because Cardiff is the big city. I am always pleased when they are doing well and like you that will continue until they become our direct rivals.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Pretty much sums up how I feel about them.
    I've seen a couple of their league games over the years as well the Cup Winners Cup Q/F against Carl Zeiss Jena (which they deserved to win).

As you said their fans dislike us but yes it is because Cardiff is the big city. I am always pleased when they are doing well and like you that will continue until they become our direct rivals.
    They were indeed the better side.
    Must have been a tough one to bear that night for the fans.

Saw that WHU and Carl Zeiss Jena games with a few Newport buddy's, those boys had fun, and made some incredible noise ,they had a few nutters in thier ranks back in the day

Newport should be big enough to support a championship level team I'd like to see them doing better