+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Anyone feel sorry for the scousers?

Anyone feel sorry for the scousers?

They will probably win the league twice and have no fans there to witness it, after all those decades of pain.
    It’s the south wales based ones I really feel for....

Re: Anyone feel sorry for the scousers?

Very sad indeed .

As a football fan I have some sympathy for the Liverpool season ticket holders for missing out on a once in a lifetime moment, same as I had some sympathy for the Swansea fans who missed out on their insane last league game against Reading last season. It doesn't keep me awake at night but those moments are incredible and I don't take really any joy in people like me but wearing a different shirt missing out on them.

Does this make me a wonderful person? Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    As a football fan I have some sympathy for the Liverpool season ticket holders for missing out on a once in a lifetime moment, same as I had some sympathy for the Swansea fans who missed out on their insane last league game against Reading last season. It doesn't keep me awake at night but those moments are incredible and I don't take really any joy in people like me but wearing a different shirt missing out on them.

that's a brave and honest post👍

You left out Weeds fans missing out

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    You left out Weeds fans missing out
    I have a confession-I don't hate Leeds, or liverpool, or plastics etc. I don't like Chelsea though.

Same as newport, they just had a good cup run, without a soul seeing it.

Football is a non runner without fans.
    Its boring me, I haven't watched any live TV games other than the cardiff v forest game.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    They will probably win the league twice and have no fans there to witness it, after all those decades of pain.
    Sorry are Everton, Tranmere, Marine etc winning the league?

Not one bit no.

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Same as newport, they just had a good cup run, without a soul seeing it.

Football is a non runner without fans.
    Its boring me, I haven't watched any live TV games other than the cardiff v forest game.
    Nor me, I’ve not seen one. One game was live the other day on free tv, boring as hell, didn’t last 5 mins....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Are the South Wales based ones ever in the ground to witness it? Nothing has changed for the vast majority of them, the game’s on the telly.

No

Lots of people in this world to feel sorry about. Liverpool fans don't get near my reserve list.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    No

Lots of people in this world to feel sorry about. Liverpool fans don't get near my reserve list.
    I think with any football related question like this it's a given that it's not in comparison to actual real life issues, otherwise the board would be full of threads going "we lost again but it doesn't matter because cancer exists"

I think with any football related question like this it's a given that it's not in comparison to actual real life issues, otherwise the board would be full of threads going "we lost again but it doesn't matter because cancer exists"
    Fair enough.

If it is football-related sorrow that is in question, I am much more sorry for fans of Bury and Macclesfield than Liverpool fans who have to make do with wall-to-wall Sky coverage of their success, and Covid-busting celebrations outside Anfield.

My answer remains No.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Fair enough.

If it is football-related sorrow that is in question, I am much more sorry for fans of Bury and Macclesfield than Liverpool fans who have to make do with wall-to-wall Sky coverage of their success, and Covid-busting celebrations outside Anfield.

My answer remains No.
    Very fair point