Did wonders for us when he came.

Re: 1500 up for Neil Warnock

Did wonders to bring our club back together, on and off the pitch

I'd have him back.

Tremendous achievement.
    Cardiff City an exciting chapter in the man's career no question.
    Congratulations Mr Warnock

1500 games as a manager is a remarkable achievement.- still don’t like him though.

I think the Emiliano Sala episode, knocked the stuffing out of him.

He wasn't the same after that sad event and needed to get away, to try and come to terms with it.

Fitted Cardiff City to a T

It was time for him to leave us when he did but he certainly gave us a few amazing moments in those 1500

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I think the Emiliano Sala episode, knocked the stuffing out of him.

He wasn't the same after that sad event and needed to get away, to try and come to terms with it.

Fitted Cardiff City to a T
    Warnock's time here, and most places since leaving Sheffield United, can be separated into two chapters which is why he's picked up so many jobs and more often than not clubs that are desperate for that 6 months-1.5 years of Warnock magic. He fitted here well, possibly why we got more than 1.5 years of magic from him, and might have been the Sala incident that moved us into Warnock chapter 2, but he also spent an awful lot of money to leave us with an ageing, slow, poorly assembled squad.

Bluebird23 will be along in a minute to state that he's "no Paul Trollope".

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Warnock's time here, and most places since leaving Sheffield United, can be separated into two chapters which is why he's picked up so many jobs and more often than not clubs that are desperate for that 6 months-1.5 years of Warnock magic. He fitted here well, possibly why we got more than 1.5 years of magic from him, and might have been the Sala incident that moved us into Warnock chapter 2, but he also spent an awful lot of money to leave us with an ageing, slow, poorly assembled squad.
    This is a fair assessment of his time here and, for me, chapter 2 and its legacy plus some other aspects of his management more than cancel out the achievements of chapter 1.