+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FT: BLACKBURN ROVERS 0 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: BLACKBURN ROVERS v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Good point

Yep good point. Hopefully we get someone in and get better over the break. **** relying on Tomlin this season. He's a child.

Frustrating, but a good point in the end. Remembered how to defend!

Stupid from Tomlin.

A few very dodgy performances in the first half - but much better second. Osei-Tutu sounds much better as a defender than I expected. Ojo had his best game yet? We were just on top when Tomlin decided a lazy shoulder barge whilst on a yellow (and barely out of the Blackburn box) was a good idea.

Re: FT: BLACKBURN ROVERS 0 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

It seems that this season is going to be a hard slog for us.

Tomlin can be a fool sometimes
    Ojo much better today
    Tutu MoM

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I just saw the ads. Maybe I wasn't paying attention earlier.
    the ads won man of the match...

ojo or oh no... clearly reads the forum as he pulled his socks and tried to make an impact today

but wow i know its early days but if harris recons this is a decent squad we are in all sorts of problems...

3 players min needed

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Second yellow for petulant foul, absolutely no need to make any challenge
    Thanks, how frustrating.

The defence played very well today. Tutu and Cunningham especially. I thought Ojo had a decent game today too. I think it's time to get Tomlin out of the starting line up for good. He did **** all today except get himself sent off. It's not worth playing him from the start in the hope that there'll be one moment of individual brilliance. Give him 20-25 minutes if we need to. We should be establishing a core of players that work as a team and do it well.

Poor game.

Yes, it was a stupid thing for Tomlin to do.

But before we all get on his back, let's just remember how many games he's won for us. His credit score with Cardiff is heavily on the plus side.

Not condoning a rash and stupid rush of blood to the head, but cut him some slack. We will miss him next game, but we need him. If we could all control our emotions, then the world would be in a lot better position.

And we would possibly have taken all three points. In another parallel universe we did!

Hoilett and Ojo much better today, and Baccuna better at ‘holding’ with Pack, a more creative ‘10’ with Tomlin Instead of him...till he got the red...what was he thinking! Hopefully Ralls will be fully fit for Preston..

A forearm smash by Tomlin, a great save from Smithies and the kits don't clash as alleged by some.

The defence played very well today. Tutu and Cunningham especially. I thought Ojo had a decent game today too. I think it's time to get Tomlin out of the starting line up for good. He did **** all today except get himself sent off. It's not worth playing him from the start in the hope that there'll be one moment of individual brilliance. Give him 20-25 minutes if we need to. We should be establishing a core of players that work as a team and do it well.
    I know it's not always easy getting the players you want, but it's getting a bit daft now - literally the only 'creative' [ie skillful] midfielder we have in our entire squad can't be relied upon to last 90+ minutes. I wouldn't start with Tomlin either, but with a centre midfield squad of Bacuna, Pack, Vaulks, Ralls, there's currently no other option..

4 points from four games.....and not particularly promising performances...that is relegation form.....antagonised by our near neighbours form...

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I know it's not always easy getting the players you want, but it's getting a bit daft now - literally the only 'creative' [ie skillful] midfielder we have in our entire squad can't be relied upon to last 90+ minutes. I wouldn't start with Tomlin either, but with a centre midfield squad of Bacuna, Pack, Vaulks, Ralls, there's currently no other option..
    We play 4-2-3-1. The central player in that 3 is key for me. Baccuna played there last week, and looked out of sorts (he seems better ‘holding’), as a consequence Hoilett and Ojo never saw the ball, and looked poor. Today, Tomlin played there, and I think we looked better, certainly Ojo and Hoilett saw more of the ball. I think ideally a fit Ralls would be our best option in that central 3 position....let’s hope he gets fully fit during the international break.

Tomlin is our only creative player.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    We play 4-2-3-1. The central player in that 3 is key for me. Baccuna played there last week, and looked out of sorts (he seems better ‘holding’), as a consequence Hoilett and Ojo never saw the ball, and looked poor. Today, Tomlin played there, and I think we looked better, certainly Ojo and Hoilett saw more of the ball. I think ideally a fit Ralls would be our best option in that central 3 position....let’s hope he gets fully fit during the international break.
    Ralls played in that position in our first two games this season and didn't look great.

Has to be said Tomlin - despite his - occasional - creativity - is a luxury that we cannot afford - either in playing terms or financial terms. It seemed today as if he said 'hey I've done 70 minutes....I need to go off.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Has to be said Tomlin - despite his - occasional - creativity - is a luxury that we cannot afford - either in playing terms or financial terms. It seemed today as if he said 'hey I've done 70 minutes....I need to go off.
    Have you seen how we've played this season without Tomlin?!

Looking at the premiership so far.....I would LOVE Everton to win it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Ralls played in that position in our first two games this season and didn't look great.
    He’s nowhere near 100% fit. Harris still plays him because he’s so vital to us. A bit like Rambo is for Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Have you seen how we've played this season without Tomlin?!
    Not very different to be honest...