+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: FT: BLACKBURN ROVERS 0 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: BLACKBURN ROVERS 0 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Just watched the Sky highlights. What on earth was Tomlin thinking there! A quite bizarre challenge and an obvious red card. Have to agree it did look as though he wanted to be sent off.

BTW - what happened to the CCFC radio commentary today, I couldn't receive it. Was it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Just watched the Sky highlights. What on earth was Tomlin thinking there! A quite bizarre challenge and an obvious red card. Have to agree it did look as though he wanted to be sent off.

BTW - what happened to the CCFC radio commentary today, I couldn't receive it. Was it just me?
    I renewed my annual audio subscription about 5 minutes into the match. They had finally pulled the plug on the 2019-20 audio subscription.

I got nothing for about 35 minutes (apart from an email thank you immediately the credit card payment went through).

Then 10 minutes from half time the CCFC audio kicked in and was fine to the end.

Apart from the delayed activation it was working OK for me.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    The defence played very well today. Tutu and Cunningham especially. I thought Ojo had a decent game today too. I think it's time to get Tomlin out of the starting line up for good. He did **** all today except get himself sent off. It's not worth playing him from the start in the hope that there'll be one moment of individual brilliance. Give him 20-25 minutes if we need to. We should be establishing a core of players that work as a team and do it well.
    I have to agree.
    The problem is that when he isnt playing we don't really look a threat.
    With the players we have, if we can stay in the game for the first hour then bringing Tomlin on gives us a good chance of winning a game.
    Problem with that is we don't play very attractive football and everyone gets on the managers back.

We need a bit of realism as fans and manage our expectations.
    We need competition for places and some quality in depth but as we've seen, our owners aren't investing enough to get to that stage.
    Until that happens I'm afraid we will be marking time.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I have to agree.
    The problem is that when he isnt playing we don't really look a threat.
    With the players we have, if we can stay in the game for the first hour then bringing Tomlin on gives us a good chance of winning a game.
    Problem with that is we don't play very attractive football and everyone gets on the managers back.

We need a bit of realism as fans and manage our expectations.
    We need competition for places and some quality in depth but as we've seen, our owners aren't investing enough to get to that stage.
    Until that happens I'm afraid we will be marking time.
    Totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post

Yep he fancies a nice long break with international due and his ban , bad boy petulant Tomlin back me thinks

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Totally agree.
    It says a lot about our expectations when a large portion of our fan base seem to be pleased with a 0-0 away at Blackburn.

It wasn’t that long ago that we’d go into every game and I’d expect us to have a decent chance of winning.

As I expected, the Harris era feels like is turning into Slade II, a period of complete indifference and some the dullest football that I can remember.

Hopefully not though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    It says a lot about our expectations when a large portion of our fan base seem to be pleased with a 0-0 away at Blackburn.

It wasn’t that long ago that we’d go into every game and I’d expect us to have a decent chance of winning.

As I expected, the Harris era feels like is turning into Slade II, a period of complete indifference and some the dullest football that I can remember.

Hopefully not though.
    The same Blackburn who had scored 9 in their previous two games?

We had an early injury and a red card, showed character and battled to a draw away in poor conditions against a side who'd just battered Derby 4-0. That's a good result.