+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Be Careful Hate Crime v Cyclist's

Be Careful Hate Crime v Cyclist's

There is a campaigner for abuse of cyclists to be made a hate crime , be alert, don't lash out I'd hate to see one caught out shouting if you see a cyclists jumping a red light ,mounting a pavement or overtaking your passenger side .

Re: Be Careful Hate Crime v Cyclist's

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    There is a campaigner for abuse of cyclists to be made a hate crime , be alert, don't lash out I'd hate to see one caught out shouting if you see a cyclists jumping a red light ,mounting a pavement or overtaking your passenger side .
    You left out, “holding on to the roof of your car at traffic jams/lights”

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    You left out, “holding on to the roof of your car at traffic jams/lights”
    I was once taken over badly on that very busy roundabout by Llanishen Morrisons, they were a couple either side of my care I nearly hit the lady on my passenger side as I was concentrating on her partner and traffic to the right , she then gave me the V's , thankfully I did catch up with both of them further on for a chat.

Don't worry. The way this Council is going, there will soon be cycle routes everywhere, even if they have to rip up the roads to do it.

Drivers never do any of those things do they cos they're all perfect. (Apart from the taxi driver who overtook me last Sunday, giving me so little room, that I could have slapped his car if I'd wanted to)

Cyclists are devils in lycra......(this is tongue in cheek by the way)......... mostly

Bike wankers

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Don't worry. The way this Council is going, there will soon be cycle routes everywhere
    OH MY GOD THOSE SICK BASTARDS THAT SOUNDS LIKE HELL ON EARTH

Don't worry. The way this Council is going, there will soon be cycle routes everywhere, even if they have to rip up the roads to do it.
    There is, have to not seen the plans for Cathays terrace up to the Heath?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Drivers never do any of those things do they cos they're all perfect. (Apart from the taxi driver who overtook me last Sunday, giving me so little room, that I could have slapped his car if I'd wanted to)
    of course they do, the OP was about the campaign to make it a hate crime for abuse uttered to poor old cycling folk

Imagine that, a capital city behaving like one.

of course they do, the OP was about the campaign to make it a hate crime for abuse uttered to poor old cycling folk
    Theres also a call for a presumed liability law, where in any accident involving a bike and a motorised vehicle means the driver is presumed to be at fault, unless it can be proved otherwise. It's quite common in other countries.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Theres also a call for a presumed liability law, where in any accident involving a bike and a motorised vehicle means the driver is presumed to be at fault, unless it can be proved otherwise. It's quite common in other countries.
    In which case let's hope that never comes to pass; I don't think you can presume anything

International

If cyclists paid road tax and had to have insurance then perhaps they would get a more sympathetic reaction from other road users.
    And cyclists who ride on the pavement and ride across pedestrian crossings expecting the traffic to stop as if they are pedestrians, ride the wrong way on one one streets, jump traffic lights etc. should be fined and they should have a licence so points could be deducted until they'd have to chain their bike to their garden fence and leave it there for 6 months.